Friday, October 4, 2019

I'm not sorry I did it.

Not a good night.  Ron woke up right as I was going to bed.  I got some food into him and his herbal remedy.  "I"m going to bed" 
"Good night". 

He wanted to stay in the kitchen with his vodka bottle.  I wasn't crazy about it; I would rather have him in bed safe. 

I forget how many times he almost fell yesterday but it was more than a couple, I was able to grab him and get him in bed every time.  That got old and tiresome.  That, I see it, is just part of the job but he would make that job a lot easier if he quit drinking and didn't need physical assistance so often. 

So I went to bed.  I had Biscuit lying on me so cute purring.  Torbie was also in my bed.  About an hour passed, he starts shouting for me.  I got up, I wasn't happy. 

"What?" 
"I want to go back to bed".  I almost told him off but realized he would most assuredly fall and create far more drama if I did not help him.  He couldn't drink if he was in bed, either.  So I did that, and he did need the help.  I made it clear I was GOING TO SLEEP NOW and he HAD TO BE QUIET.  I reminded him it was late (10 PM). 

Ron has a talking alarm clock.  It is very loud.  He presses various buttons ALARM ONE OFF, ALARM ONE ON.  TIME SET ON.  You get the idea.  Very loud.  I would have been OK with Ron fumbling around and hit a few buttons to figure out the time... but he did not. 

At after 2 AM, he decides he is going to set the alarm, for tomorrow, at 4 PM so he will remember to make his trips.  He kept fumbling around with the buttons.  I was yelling "Stop" but he wouldn't. 

I got up, marched into his room, and took the alarm (it runs on batteries) out of his hands, over his protests, and put it in the laundry room.  He was shocked at first, then reacted by telling me how "crazy" I was and how much I had "lost it" I was "really over the edge now" etc.  I didn't care. 

DON'T SCREW WITH MY SLEEP.  NO call to do that.  If he was up sick I would have helped him.  If he had fallen I would have helped him.  If the cat threw up in the bed I would have helped him.  I probably would have helped him if he lost his remote or something.  But for that?  No, I am not going to allow that. 

I sleep on a schedule and cannot sleep after 7 AM, it is impossible, especially if I have been sleep deprived the night before.  So he is stealing sleep from me and I need it to stay level and give him what he needs. 

You think he would look out for me, I am his only helper.  Anyway, he decided to castigate me for a while, name calling and telling me I was "crazy" etc.  He has apparently forgotten how important it is for me to get my sleep.  I will remind him when he gets up.  And I will tell him I will ABSOLUTELY do it again. 

He kept going on and on, compounding my lack of sleep.  I turned up my noisemaker and had some very bad thoughts about ways I could make him shut up.  I didn't react so he wound down eventually but he kept yelling it was on me to wake him up. 

I did get some sleep, I had a dream I was trying to clean up and I picked up a snake, which tried to bite me, but I was wearing gloves.  The cats were around in the dream but not in danger.  I woke up around 7 (!). 

Ron is asleep.  Yes, I had the thought to wake him up but right now the house is quiet and I don't want to deal with the drama.  I am happy by myself right now and that is very sad that he will just take away from that when he wakes up.  I also don't want to be a petty, vengeful, bitch.  I will give him back his alarm clock when he wakes but I'm not waking him up. 

And the sad thing Ron is not evil.  He told me on his own (I never mentioned it because it would have upset him) Cleo has a scar down her back.  And she loves to lick his hand when he is handing out treats, put her front paws in his lap and let him pet her.  And this cat had the scar, he asked about it - so it had to be Cleo. 

I think that is wonderful (she is getting better about letting me pet her too).  In some ways he is very good man but nights like the last one just [sigh] burn me out. 

I have always had the attitude if you really want to know how I am doing you need to look at the blog.  Because IMO people don't want to hear this. 

On a totally unrelated note, I tried a new deodorant yesterday.  It did OK at work but failed sometime in the afternoon.  I reek pretty significantly, I have to take a shower. 

Normally I clean the litter boxes (still plan that), put on my bathrobe (not with this funk) and take it out.  I will put it in the kitchen trash until I get out of the shower and then put on the bathrobe and go out.  Besides, the new resident in #2 gets started a little later and I don't want to be like butthead #6 making a lot of noise with my trash can when she is sleeping.  I would be horrified if I found out I was that person. 

I may make a Chewy order, I am thinking about it.  It will come fast. 

We also had to reschedule the visit from our supervisors because Ron had a pain doctor appointment that day.  And Ron is awake.  I will go give him his alarm. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that you took the alarm clock from him. Very awesome!!!!!

Heather Knits said...

It was my version of STFU without getting criminal charges! Not worth jail but HAD to stop. He KNOWS better.

I do have boundaries, I can be pushed pretty far but I do throw up walls when needed.

Anonymous said...

Sleep is one thing that should be off limits. It is hard for anyone to function on disturbed sleep and it is not healthy for you either. Set your boundaries, Heather. You matter in that marriage also.