Tuesday, October 29, 2019

A lot about litter boxes

Good news first, the dentist called and they can see me tomorrow.  The GOOD dentist the one I like so happy about that.  I can make it another day - had a large handful of Advil when I got up. 

The cats are good, Biscuit and Baby Girl are hanging out in bed with Ron while the other cats run around, sleep, and play in all the other rooms and hall. 

Now, about my layout, I have a shotgun style house one room after another from front to back, two rooms wide, 3 at the very back of the house. 

So, front room, computer room, Ron's room front to back.  Other side of the house kitchen, dining area, laundry room, my room.  Bathroom is between my room and Ron's in the back. 

So.  I have a tall cat tree and FOUR litter boxes in the front room as it is the largest.  One by the front door "WELCOME!", one by my chair (very popular) and two over by the TV.  They are all low sides except the two by the TV.  All the cats can get in the high sides except Torbie, who's a senior. 

Computer room I have two boxes, one by the door and one in the corner.  The one by the door is one of the top usage boxes and they throw a LOT of litter out the low sides.  Some cats just love to fling litter and I have at least a couple of them.  Ron's room has one small box with low sides, it is hard for them to use, and they throw litter all over.  That is definitely getting replaced, bigger, and higher sides. 

My room has one box, low sides, no major issues with that AND Tobie hangs out a lot in my room so NOT changing that out.  I may move one of the larger boxes with low sides in, though, when I change things up. 

So, the number of boxes is good,they all say one for each cat plus one.  I actually did that.  There is a litter box everywhere you look but the cats have easy access.  Some of my cats are prone to the runs when stressed so I want a short trip. 

The probiotics help with that, by the way. 

So, front room I would keep one low box, change out 2.  Computer room change out at least one box, the one by the door.  Keep the one over by the computer because Torbie (old, feeble, cat) likes it.  Ron's room, bigger box with higher sides.  My room, keep the same. 

So a total of 3 low boxes and 4 higher ones.  My population is 2 cats less than a year, one about a year, a 5 year old, a 7 year old, and a teen.  I think that will work. 

BUT I welcome opinions. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of boxes in such a small house but you do have a lot of cats.

Friend said...

Put the electronic covered self cleaning boxes on your wish list and point your parents there one by one replace them ..my friend splurged she has several cats and they are quiet and really work wonderfully for containing things even with kitties who love to fling!

They are wonderful inventions spendy but worth it I would think
Just a thought

Sorry you are struggling with the tooth hopefully today is the day you get some relief. I know my dentist treats the infection prior to even pulling a tooth . I hope you have other options and that they will work with you on payments . I was thinking of even offering to work in mine’s office helping him catch up for tax season . He is such a great dentist and has super tiny hands so I never feel the jaw pain I used to have with his predecessor who had HUGE hands between him and his assistant who also had huge hands my mouth always cracked .

Funny you would not think hand size would help in your career but for him it is a true asset !

Heather Knits said...

my cats are prone to the squirts which messes up the rake. The new guys just have this quirk of runny poop if they are stressed. Probiotics are helping but happened again while we were out of town. I honestly don't mind scooping but I am changing out some of the boxes to higher sides.

I never noticed hand size, he does good work, and praise God NO C0LOGNE. That would be hideous with my headaches.

Praise God I have never had a migraine and a toothache at the same time.