Thursday, October 31, 2019

Torbie is back home and fine.

So I had my drama with Ron.  I went back in the house without shutting the garage door, at one point.  Ron was pretty hammered and didn't know Torbie got out. 

I chased her around the front yard for a little bit.  It was cold and dark.  Torbie didn't like it, went up to the front door, and started clawing to get in.  I opened it and she darted right in.  She can move pretty fast for a fat old lady, but that would be a horrible way to lose her. 

But we didn't lose her.  I stopped going in, though. 

Ron drank himself stupid and I barely got him into bed again.  If I had been thinking I would have changed out the bed first and then parked him.  But I'm not perfect. 

Before all that I was out in the garage with my plug in pumpkin (I am very fond of him) my chair, and a lot of candy.  #6 was gone. 

The father came home with some kids, and the mother came in a separate car with the rest.  When the girl who abused Cleo (I recognized her voice) saw my setup she got very excited and started yelling.  I recognized the voice absolutely.  I looked at the street and not at the children, trying to decide what I would do it they came over.  The mother hissed something in spanish and they went in the house, except for the girl who had to be dragged.  About 20 seconds later I heard her crying. 

I didn't feel at all bad about that.  I would have given her some candy but not the "good" stuff.  But I would have. 

However her parents are in an odd church.  I have gone into some detail on them.  They attend church several times a week.  They do not celebrate Halloween.  They have obnoxious drunken Christmas parties that go all night long.  They had church services in their yard late at night with a megaphone and speakers, in the middle of the week, often enough I have begun calling the police whenever I hear them start up again.  Just odd. 

The guys who fixed my front door (not them) did talk to the homeowner and he said he was a believer and said all the right things to satisfy them on his salvation.  However, not a week before that he allowed my house to be robbed, stood there watching them go in and out, carrying things.  "I thought they were friends of yours". 

One time before that I saw someone carrying a big TV out of #2, I called the police, and they came over later and said "It was the repairman" and the tenant came over personally and thanked me, saying they really appreciated me watching their back.  So I know what to do, he didn't. 

Most churches that hate Halloween have a policy where they do have a Harvest party or whatever where the kids can dress up, play, and get candy.  Because all the other kids get that. 

My Dad took me trick or treating every year.  He couldn't always make it to my birthday but he was damned sure there for Halloween and Christmas. 

I found it interesting, about 5 minutes after that #6 (the man) storms into his pickup and drives off, that was over an hour ago.  So not sure what that was or whether the candy had anything to do with it. 

I had a pretty unremarkable night except for one very drunk adult neighbor staggered up my driveway with his dog, not in costume, wanted candy so I gave him some.  His grandson is apparently the one who said he likes to see cats bleeding.  So if you think my home is not in order... I can only imagine his.  And he has the care of two children.  Tells you a lot about the state of CPS that he got them. 

It was pretty cold even in my coat so I wrapped it up around 9:10.  I came in, ate a burger, took my mood pills.  I don't know why, but for some reason I am not wanting to do the mood pills and the antibiotic/pain pill duo at the same time.  It is probably unnecessary but I like to be careful.  If nothing else that is a lot of irritant for my poor stomach.  I have a hard time with iron pill and lithium, I can only imagine what all that would do. 

I am taking ginger root which I find very beneficial.  When I finish the antibiotic I have probiotics. 

I am going to bed for a while, my alarm will go off in about an hour and a half and then I will take the antibiotic and pain pill, go back to sleep.  That worked pretty well last night. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Halloween. Lol on the image of you chasing all your cats around the front yard. Great idea for a Halloween skirt. And Ron pretending to be drunk was funny too. Maybe he is expressing his playful side more.

Anonymous said...

I hope the mother explained to the little girl that it is unsafe to approach someone, even someone who appears to be handing out candy on Halloween, if that person refuses to even look at you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word. So glad you got Torbie back in. That sucks that she got out.

Heather Knits said...

I was really glad I got her back, too. I was upset at Ron and not paying attention when I opened the door. The cats were feeling very frisky and I should have seen her by the door.

BUT it had a happy ending with her sleeping in my bed last night. She is with Ron now.

The neighbors don't like me any more than I do them because I refuse to allow them free reign on my property. They don't try that with any of their other neighbors, they seem to think they have a free pass on my territory for some reason. I really had to put my foot down when the father/husband came over and said he was **taking my driveway**. Didn't even ask, STATED and blew a gasket when I told him "no". Had a f*cking tantrum right there on my porch like a damned toddler and then stomped off with his kid in tow (he had apparently brought his oldest to "show 'em how it's done").

They seem to think all my property is for their personal use, any time, day or night, and got very nasty when I set boundaries on not wanting kids over ringing my doorbell after we had gone to bed, etc. Wanting to keep my driveway which I need **for the man in a wheelchair**, etc. If that makes me the asshole bitch white woman then so be it. We have a community park just a few blocks away if they want to run, scream, etc. on a larger piece of property.

I am SUPER quiet, NEVER set foot on their property, locked up my cats, etc. If I get their mail I return it. I would like to live next to me and happily the "new" #2 seems to be similar so we are getting on great.

Heather Knits said...

@ Sarcasm - I am glad the Torbie story did have a good resolution. Hopefully she will not make any more escape attempts. I note they are all losing weight now they can't get out SO that lady down the street (spanish, btw, I like her) was feeding them. She probably thought they were "pobrecitas" (poor babies). LOL Anyway, now they can't go to "aunties" house they have to eat what I give them and are slimming down - and need to.

Ron is drunk pretty much every night, that is a non event as far as I am concerned. He did not fall so I was happy, his leg is getting better, I got him to eat some protein. Not a bad night.

My tooth is better. I try to focus on the positive.