Friday, October 4, 2019

Friday afternoon

Today seems to be boundaries day.  I get one now and then where I have to lay down boundaries with Ron.  You would not believe some of the things he has asked me to do over the years. 

So, last night I refused to let him keep me up "setting" an alarm that did not need to be set.  As he said this morning, he remembered to call in his trips without it.  And, sure enough, he did. 

But he was brooding and gave me the silent treatment.  I gave him back his alarm when I realized he was awake - in a matter of fact fashion "Here it is".  No "apology because I did the right thing taking it away.  I didn't give him a lecture, either.  That's when he told me he had already done his trips.  I just walked out of the room. 

I have been living my life today, he found me cleaning litter boxes this morning when he came out for his vodka.  I didn't talk to him, he didn't talk back. 

He thinks I am "unfair" and "unreasonable" for wanting to sleep at night, not on call 24/7/365, saying "No" on occasion, wanting him to bathe and change clothes, etc.  He has told me it would be "easier" if he went in a nursing home.  He has this idealized version of the home that would take him, with attentive staff, medication on demand, food he would enjoy, agreeable roommates.  I am sure one of you can tell me if Medicare would give him a private room?    Because I would find that very doubtful.  They are not going to let him drink, and if they do it will be nowhere near what he consumes now.He has had problems on at least 2 occasions with other patients yelling all night and disrupting HIS sleep - no not quite the paradise he might think. 

Of course, the terrible thing for Ron, once he's in he's not coming back.  I would not take him back.  He wanted to go, he can stay.  He is just becoming more work with every passing year, and more belligerent as well.  The latter bothers me the most.  I have told him most of this - that if he checks into a nursing home he is staying there and he had better like it because he's not coming out again ever. 

He just likes to threaten it, thinks it would "mess up" my life if he went in a home.  I venture it would get a lot better assuming I found a way to keep the house/cats.  That would be my only concern.  But I would be a great employee, hard working, no personal life, not looking for drama, honest, etc.  Just me and my cats and a trip to see Ron now and then.  I did make vows.  I wouldn't ditch him. 

So he gave me the silent treatment and I ignored him.  He decided he would show me by giving the cats treats, forgetting I always feed them when I get up.  No one was hungry (I had a good pet out of Cleo this morning), someone wandered over after he left and ate some treats but that was it.  He forgets they are hungry at night because their primary feeder (me) has gone to bed, and even the cats know not to bother me when I am sleeping.  I will use that line on Ron - even the cats know not to disturb me. 

In the meantime, I reeked so I took a shower.  I couldn't wait to wash my armpits.  Happily, when I am done with my bar of Zest (which is fine) I have some fancy soap I bought myself.  I like to have a couple really nice bars on hand at any given moment, it is a nice way to get myself into the shower when I'm depressed, and I use them up so no worries about clutter.  I even shaved my legs.  All I need tomorrow (work) is a basic shower. 

I had used up about 30 pounds of litter this morning changing boxes so I decided to order some more from Walmart.  I made an order that should be here in about an hour and a half. 

I also decided I will do some 16/8 intermittent fasting.  Say wha?  I will only eat between 11am to 7 PM.  That is very doable and should work with my medication.  So, about 11, I made myself a sandwich.  It was very good. 

I have some good components for sandwiches, multi grain bread, sharp cheddar cheese, other sliced cheese, cooked chicken bits (a huge treat for the cats, but only a little), sliced turkey, sliced ham, cooked beef brisket, etc.  Ron is very fond of the cheddar chicken bacon ranch slider.  I prefer nitrate free deli meat with a lot of mayo on whole grain bread.  Easy to cook and minimal cleanup. 

I only needed some more bacon and sharp cheddar slices.  I mainly got the 80 pounds of litter (!).  I did get some hot pockets because I suspect a depression is coming.  I did get some lemon gelato (I have never tried gelato) and a new toy for the cats as their old wand toy is fraying pretty bad.  I plan to cut off the string and use it as a regular mouse, then the new wand in it's place.  I don't want a cat ingesting something. 

Cleo is a savage when it comes to cat toys, she has completely gutted two in one week and pulled out the stuffing.  She would have made a good TNR had I had a safe neighborhood.  But she loves her Mommy, brother, and living in a house.  She is even letting me pet her more. 

She was playing with my hair earlier while I was on the computer.  I said her name and talked sweetly to her while she did it.  It was very cute to feel little paws in my hair. 

Ron was asleep, I decided to take advantage and took a nap.  I slept pretty good, felt like I slept a lot longer than I did - and woke up after about 2 hours.  Ron was still asleep.  He still is.  I woke up with a headache but most of it is gone. 

I put the washer on a cleaning cycle.  I am very proud I do that every month and have no strange odors in my top loader. 

We are getting a cool front next week so I am debating getting the jackets out of the garage, but the lows will only be about 65.  That is cold for Houston but I don't think we need it next week. 

But I have the energy and maybe I should go ahead and get it done. 

No comments: