Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Abdominal cramps and more!

It was lithium interacted with the headache pill (triptans).

Oh, that was not how I wanted to end my day, abdominal cramps and more!  I tried to go to bed an hour ago but that has proven impossible; caffeine use and, what, lithium?  Doc always says this can be a side effect - or the dairy in the pudding for dinner?  All of it?  God only knows.

Ron was in miserable pain, the back pills make him stupid so he couldn't take them today.  That caught up with him around 8.

I did what I could to help but he is back in bed now after almost falling on the floor again.  The cats are good, I put some toys in one of the "cubbies" on the new cat condo, Cleo found it and had a lot of of fun.  She also dragged a sneaker into the computer room, she loves to play with shoes.  I have never had a cat like her.

Baby Girl dragged one of Ron's socks into the litter box.  Needless to say I tossed that and told him he will need another sock tomorrow.  Yuck.  At least Cleo is "clean" playing with my shoes.

She would probably be one of those shoe divas with a whole room full of shoes, were she human.  But she makes it look a lot of fun to be a cat.

My cramps, etc, are better.

I'm starting to wonder if I could be toxic from the lithium.  I will mention tonight's symptoms to Doc next week, he may want me to run a lithium level.  It is easily fixed if it is a problem.

Edit, on research I don't think it was lithium.  I wasn't falling down, vomiting, tremors, etc. 

I did however have all the signs of lactose intolerance.  I had this years ago after a very bad bout of food poisoning, for some years.  It went away, but has apparently come back. 

I am middle aged so it happens.  They do have some pretty good soy milks now. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw a commercial BOTOX for chronic migraine think that would help you?

Heather Knits said...

Money is an object, and happily I don't qualify as I 'only" get 5 or so migraines a month. Usually the good old headache pills do the job on a bad one. Diet Dr Pepper or orange juice take care of more yet...I think they want over a dozen migraines a month to qualify. It could really be a lot worse, I just wanted something for around the conference.

I will ask Doc because maybe there is something I just don't know but what I saw last night says the main class of migraine drugs will not work.

Anonymous said...

Look back through your blog you blog about having a headache just about every day.

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I agree. The usual headache is about a 5 in 1-10, goes away eventually. Cold caffeine drinks do most of it. I get them particularly in the afternoon.

Days like yesterday I get a crippling migraine - those about 5-6 times a month. I am using generic Excedrin for that but would like something stronger. But I don't think it would play with my medication. Caffeine doesn't help. Excedrin doesn't help... I just have to wait it out.

I sure learned my lesson about garlic bread!