Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Too much Tuesday

I woke up with a bad headache I will not call a migraine, but I will say my sense of smell is elevated like when I get a migraine so maybe 1/2 migraine today.  Headache pills did the job but made me manic. 

So I got up (I had tried to take a nap).  Ron was having so much fun listening to music, singing along, etc. he kept forgetting I told him I had laid down.  Rather than yell at him I got up and told him so, then he stopped (rolleyes). 

I decided to clean/organize next to my bed between the bed and the wall.  I had some soft stuff over there, half an afghan and the yarn for it, etc.  I wanted to put my 4 gallon waterer over there, get the cats (and myself) used to it before we leave town. 

Better for them to already have known and used it, I figured.  I also discovered there was a learning curve on the damn thing and it was very hard to fill, so glad I had time to discover that. 

I checked on Ron every hour or so.  That seems to work better because he doesn't bother me when I am doing something.  I can just get his snack, drink, whatever when I am checking in and not have him yell for me every 5 minutes.  Which works when I am manic. 

I asked him about the meal tray and he said absolutely not.  He said he will not let it happen again and does not want any sort of tray.  Well, he's a big boy - but I had given him the food right out of the microwave.  I can absolutely let it cool down a couple minutes before I serve it to him and that should end it right there.  But I was tired and depressed and I never thought of him getting scalded. 

About the cat cage, let me find a photo:
 Look, it's Baby Girl!  (fun to see what I can find in the archives)
 Biscuit and Gravy.  Biscuit on the left. 

Cat cage. 

I went through all the stuff next to my bed and of course tossed 90% of it.  I needed 2 trash bags.  I also got rid of some drywall left from the remodel in 2012!  Tossed it all, mostly, and just saved one throw someone gave me a while back. 

Then I had to take out all the trash, stuffed the can and took it out (trash day tomorrow), recycle went out because I had a full can of that, etc.  Checked on Ron again (leave me alone!) and filled the water thing (a big hassle) about 3/4 and then took it in the bedroom and mounted it on the base.  It glugged for a while but looks OK.  I just want them to have plenty of water when I'm gone and it was the only place I could put it, not in a travel path, not near a litter box, not in kitchen or bathroom.  It is out of the way but accessible. 

I will have to unplug the electric water fountains because they run dry 1x a day and will burn up if I leave them unfilled for days.  The hope is to get the cats used to "water over there" and then they don't have problems when I unplug the fountains.  I still have energy but have run out of cleaning motivation. 

Tomorrow I go see my doctor, my aunt will take me.  Then I buy her lunch, she is happy with the arrangement.  My gut has been better today but all I ate were chips. 

Walmart had a chili lime generic frito and it was 92 cents for a bag.  I thought that sounded good so I bought a bag when I was shopping.  I opened it up today and we tried it.  Ron liked it and would probably love his own bag.  I liked it but the spicy got me after I had finished eating.  I coughed a little and had to drink something but not bad, but it does have a little bite.  I am looking forward to making a modified frito pie with it. 

I hate it when people take a recipe and change everything about it.  But the traditional frito pie has some things I can't eat: cheese, onions, and peppers.  So I will just heat up the chili and put that on the chips. 

I won't attempt that today after a headache but the next couple days.  I have some chili around.  Ron would probably like it too. 

I am always trying to get him to get more protein.  I don't know what I'm doing for dinner, I hate to eat anything as my gut is finally happy.  I have plenty of choices, I made sure of that. 

It has worked a lot better to keep Ron at home lately and I am spared the aggravation of bad rides to and from.  I am not hungry yet so I won't worry about it. 

It got up to 90 today, a little warm in the house but not bad.  I put on a little perfume earlier (I never wear it while working), and got sick of it pretty quick.  When Ron and I first met I had a horrible time with him because he had all these previous women and every fragrance I liked was a wild sex encounter to him, with another woman.  Plus he had allergies pretty bad and a lot of them would trigger an attack.  Then working with food I don't think it is professional to wear fragrances because they can transfer to the food products.  Better just to "wear" my soap and be done with it. 

I am a little tired of the Zest I am using but will use it up before starting on another bar.  I don't like to waste things, even soap. 

Oh, Mama cat.  Not always a good idea to have a litter box right next to my computer chair!  Wow.  That is eye watering.  And aren't you glad you're only reading that? 

No comments: