Wednesday, October 30, 2019

This is about the closest I got to animal abuse

The saddest cat thing I ever saw....

We had gotten Baby Girl and added her to the family.  Bubba, the black male, had a quirk where he would only go outside, so litter hadn't really been an issue since Frosty died in '09.  This was '12. 

I cleaned up the box and set it up for her, she kicked litter everywhere when using it (still does).  I got a covered litter box with a flap.  She went right in.  A while later I walked by the box.  It had a clear flap.  She was crying and pushing against it trying to get out of the litter box, and couldn't, the flap had stuck. 

That was the saddest thing, seeing her like that, this tiny kitten stuck in her box.  I took the whole top off and she ran off.  Ron and I talked, we decided we would take the flap off.  She still wouldn't use it and used the other, open, box instead.  No one was touching this box. 

So I threw away the whole top, she used it then.  So I can't do any covered boxes with her. 

That limits my choices on Chewy but I am sure I will find some good boxes. 

They won't have a lid. 

No comments: