Monday, October 21, 2019

And here comes the depression

One thing that struck me about Mike was when he told me he knew a cheap cremation place.  That was the one regret I had today - I pretty much said all the nice things I would have liked to say, that's a policy of mine - but I never got the name of the place and at the rate Ron is going I will need that number. 

So I spent some time digging up (pardon the pun) a place and bookmarked it so, God forbid, when the day arrives I have a place to call.  Then the depression started leaking in. 

I am going to miss him.  He was a good ally and listened without judging.  I could tell him about a blackout of Ron's or something the cats did and he always listened. 

He was also a hard worker and I feel we are going to miss him in that regard as well (he worked for the other vendor).  The other people are just not as diligent. 

On another note, I did try the probiotics on Mama & company.  They ate them up, literally.  So that's good.  I ate and took my pills.  I need to check the mail in about 10 minutes. 

Once I do that I will clean the boxes and take that out.  Then I can take off my bra. 

Ron chose not to make an appointment for tomorrow.  But he could still call and get worked in (it is a large practice), take a cab, if he wanted so I will be ready.  He may choose to go Wednesday after we get our soda delivery, or Thursday. 

I will keep doctoring the leg and I am getting him to eat a fair amount of protein + multivitamin and Vitamin C so hopefully that will turn the tide. 

I hope I am able to - OK with the depression.  I can handle some and remain functional but I hope it is not a big one.  I will have to see. 

I just have some heaviness and sadness which will not prevent me from remaining functional but it just goes to show how fast something can happen. 

I am sure when Mike left his house this morning he had no idea he would never return. 

No comments: