Thursday, October 24, 2019

Thursday noon

I tried sleeping with my bedroom door shut last night, but got so terribly lonely I opened it after 15 minutes. 

I have had several cat doors, and kept the "locks" to all of them, the door that slides down and locks.  I had an additional lock so I tried it on the cat flap before I opened the door.  I heard a lot of meowing last night, a lot, and normally they are quiet but they wanted out, especially Mama.  I heard a lot of racket at the pet door, but every time I woke up the door was still locked. 

So I solved it for now.  I had Spotty, Biscuit, and Torbie sleep with me which was wonderful.  Since I didn't sleep well last night I slept in until around 8. 

I got on the computer for a while, took a shower, talked to Ron a little bit.  I noted his bandage had gotten wrinkled.  I took it off and the skin looked MUCH better.  Silvex is what I used.  You can get a tube at Walmart for $8.  I was skeptical but it really did the job. 

I was happy about that.  I went to Walmart.  First thing I got my pills, about $60 for all of them, I checked them to make sure they were right - they were.  I put them in my backpack. 

We are traveling (I might as well say it) this weekend so I got some food.  Money is very tight so I got some shelf stable snack foods.  I found a vegan protein shake for me, no dairy and no chocolate. 

Ron kept saying we could order a pizza.  He does not process the fact the lithium toxicity gave me a horrible case of lactose intolerance.  The last thing I want to do is spend the night in the bathroom. 

I called the vet and asked if the office cat needed treats.  She said yes, they can always use more treats.  So I got the kind she likes.  Yes, I know the office cat likes Friskies Party Mix chicken flavor.  Biscuit will be packing his own treats in addition to his cans of wet food and a ziplock of dry, AND his probiotics and scent soaker.  I have had a towel in the bed for a few nights for him, he likes to sleep on it, that is coming with us.  He may pee on it again but so what, these are cat towels.  I only use them for the cats and wash them pretty frequently. 

I got a nice card for Mike, "God is with you in this and I care about you".  I thought that would be good for his family.  I will give it to his brother Monday.  It took me a while to find the right card. 

I had a short wait in line, everyone is broke right now so I had an easy time.  I paid and went to McDonald's.  Ron had said he wanted chicken nuggets.  I wanted a hamburger.  I felt like such a pain ordering my food, no onion, no mustard, no cheese, just meat, ketchup, and bread.  I said I had an allergy and she nodded. 

I do, sort of.  I called Arturo once I had the food in hand and he headed back. 

I had enough time to eat my burger.  I did not want to eat a burger in front of Cleo, she would be hurt I didn't share.  And who would have thought that would be an issue back in August? 

Arturo showed about the time I finished, and we went home.  Ron was drunk.  He was a little annoying and was doing his Occupy:Kitchen thing. 

I packed the food bag for us, it is pretty light.  I have salty snacks for us, some protein drinks, granola bars for both of us, etc.  I brought instant drink mix.  I don't want to hassle with soda.  If I can get it there, great, but I would rather just mix up some lemonade. 

I laid down for a little bit and Biscuit joined me, he is such a sweet boy.  Ron bugged me and woke me right as I was falling asleep so I had to get up to help him. 

I don't mind helping him but I get really annoyed when I tell him "It is there" and he acts like he doesn't know, later.  I TOLD YOU.  Very frustrating.  He also said he feels like his legs are getting weaker and I suggested we do some physical therapy exercises from his book (they sent us home with a book of exercises). 

"You won't bring me alcohol if I can't get out of bed" he said.  And I agreed with him. 

After that I was up so I said hell with it and did a load of clothes.  I am washing his pants in antibacterial stuff (Lysol laundry sanitizer) every couple days even though he is wearing a bandage.   He said he wants 2 pairs of pants so I did that.  I had some other stuff like all human beings who wear clothes and put that in too.  It should be done with the wash part in about 5 minutes. 

My bag is pretty well packed, we will have to do 2 backpacks and a tote bag for the food, no getting around that.  I tried but we need too much stuff.  I brought my prescriptions in their original bottles in case I get sick they will know what I'm taking.  I am taking some Kratom for Ron as well - and yes it is legal there.  That would suck if I got arrested. 

Ron has home care supplies and toiletries he will need to be presentable.  He told me recently he feels "short" sitting in the wheelchair, that everyone is looming over him.  Interesting even blind he would know that. 

I am going to go work on the packing and finish my laundry. 

3 comments:

Friend said...

Try to park him somewhere and get out and go for a walk ..have some fun times and fill your bucket! Glad you got to go “someplace” lets hope Ron can hold it “together” . If he cant and does anything he shouldn’t ...just remember it is not on you he makes his own choices. You may want to look into where your education could go if you needed to suddenly get out and go to work there are all kinds of retraining programs maybe go work for a vet ! OOOxXX or shelter or creativity in doing cat rescue ? Who knows there are all kinds of things you can do besides be a caretaker . Hire help and go find out?

Anonymous said...

Cat rescues don't pay money.

Heather Knits said...

It would be fun, though, take care of cats for a living. I have often thought if I drove I would do some sort of cat valet service, take them to the vet, clean the box, shop for pet food, change food/water bowls etc. Brush as needed. But impossible to do on the bus.

Since I do have disabilities I could get retraining through rehab I am sure they would pay for a CNA if nothing else. I would rather that than an office job.