Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday morning

Pretty depressed today.  I got up, got us ready, fed the cats.  Cleaned the boxes!  They had a lot for me today.  It was very ominous with clouds, I managed to get the waste out to the trash can before it rained, turning my side yard to mud. 

Ron wasn't happy it was raining, we had a trip to the bank scheduled.  It is just awful getting him out to a vehicle in the rain.  But our ride was late. 

The driver told us the client was elderly, going to a hospital, did not have a cell phone, did not have the number of the hospital, and had provided incorrect address information when he made the trip.  The GPS was telling her to drop him in a vacant lot.  Clearly she couldn't do it as the client was foggy and kept saying he was going to a hospital - so clearly ill as well.  They had her drop him at another location to wait for someone to transport him to the proper address. 

And that is really sad.  I am glad Ron has me for backup.  I make sure he takes his supplements, clean and presentable, clean clothes, clean bed, cats tended all he has to do is treat them, remind him of things, etc.  I hate to think where he would end without me. 

So we were going to the bank.  I got everything prepared and the driver finally arrived.  The rain had stopped by this point, in Houston cold front weather systems generally only run an hour or two and then pass, bringing the cold weather. 

For us that means below 70. 

But it was dry, thank God.  Ron sat in the backseat vs wheelchair compartment.  The driver is one of those "My purse is so special it gets the whole front seat" (rolleyes) women but other than that a good driver. 

We got to the bank, Ron opened the left door and I got him inside.  They had confetti all over the floor for some reason.  We went to the window, it was an experienced teller.  Good, I had zero faith in the new guy. 

We ran our transaction, got the money.  We asked about the credit card and she said we owed $154.  The last thing I got said we owed $25 but screw it, we just paid the whole thing.  No one at the bank seems to know about the credit card so I took a little disdain off the new guy, who I didn't see. 

We called Arturo who came quick, we went through a drive through for me, I got a #2 breakfast sandwich without cheese.  Ron wanted to go to Spec's so we did that.  He got 3 big bottles of vodka.  That should hold him for a while. 

We came home and unloaded.  I got Ron in the house, etc.  I am working on my Walmart order. 

I need to go pay the electric bill but other than that we are all settled up on our accounts.  I may get Ron to take me to save all that time on the bus or $40 for a cab.  He may even give me money for the cab.  We will see, it's not due for a bit. 

We talked about tomorrow and made our trips.  I propped the door to the garage and left a paper bag out there for the cats.  They like that. 

Yay me, took the antidepressant (did my pills up last night) so that's done.  I think I will finish my grocery order and then take a nap.  I got another sandwich for later, I can eat that for dinner. 

It doesn't taste as good without the cheese.  :( 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would Ron need to open the door at the bank? I thought they fixed the automatic door so you would not have to do that.

Heather Knits said...

Not automatic.

It is an old building, I think. That was the problem, his left arm is better and can open a left door as I push him. It is very difficult for me to park the wheelchair, go around, open the door, etc, which is why I got so purple over these people slamming the door in our faces and walking away rather than open the door.

The door had been jimmied and was stuck for some period of time while they generated a lot of excuses. About the time I found another branch in a new building, they fixed it, Ron was happy. He doesn't have any strength in his right arm to open a door so the right door worked but not for us. Sometimes I would turn around and take him in backward.

But they did fix it.