Thursday, October 31, 2019

A short video blog


Not sure if I talk about the probiotics but seeing really good results from them.  Vet tested the new gang, no infections, but some pretty major issues.  Those are getting better every day and glad I did that - Fera brand from Chewy, can be used for cats or dogs.  I plan to keep doing them long term. 

I went to work and got the candy, will be handing it out after all.  Ron has spent most of the day falling down drunk.  I think he sees a new, 2 liter bottle of alcohol as a personal "all you can drink" challenge. 

He spilled the urinal on his bed and this is one very important reason we have separate beds.  I thought I was doing a video blog but wasn't, and one of the things I said was how I feel the alcohol issue is the WORST of his problems, more than any other. 

And I stand by that. 

He is back in bed now.  He did make trips or tomorrow so we are working.  He wouldn't let me clean his leg or anything, it can be very frustrating to care for him. 

So he's asleep and I imagine he will remain so.  I will be out in the garage with the door up handing out candy.  I imagine the house smells terrible, every cat wanted to use the box after I cleaned it and Ron spilled the urinal which is just a revolting stench. 

I don't like to use sprays or plug ins.  I think the chemicals are distributed into the air and then land on the cats, who lick them off.  That can't be good.  I do have a solid fragrance cone sitting on my desk here, I think that is OK for a limited area, but I don't want to do the whole house stuff. 

Which is a problem when I have a whole-block odor issue.  The kids next door aren't allowed to trick-or-treat (in their own way they are very religious, just not much on the loving one's neighbor, not stealing, and loving God's creatures) so I am not faced with having to give them candy.  If they did come by I have a large sack of cheap stuff I would just give them some of that. 

The other kids will be fine, they always are.  I think I will go out around 7.  That should be enough time. 

I also need to check the mail, I haven't, the last couple days.  I'm going to go do that. 

I think I will try to work at least one cat into each video blog. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So he spilled a disgusting bottle of urine on his bed and you did not change the sheets? I just don't know how much more of this filth I can take with you. There is just no excuse for such nastiness. And if he refused to have you change the bedding I would have told him to F--k off and did it anyway because that is just the most absolutely disgusting thing ever and we all know how nasty those piss bottles smell since they are rarely rinsed and cleaned out.

Anonymous said...

On a positive note love the pumpkin shirt it is very Halloween festive.

Heather Knits said...

Thank you, positive.

He was very drunk and in the bed at the time. I could throw him on the floor I suppose but not going to do that. There are elder abuse laws. When he is able to get up I will fix it. When we have some money we are going to need to rip out the carpeting and replace it with tile or something.

I get the feeling you have not dealt a lot with very drunk, very mobility impaired, individuals. It is difficult to prioritize.

Anonymous said...

You let him get into a bed covered in urine. He won't take a bath to clean up so when you do finally change the sheet he will still reek like urine. Obviously you are unable to handle Ron on your own anymore. In a nursing home this would be considered elder abuse too. Just so you actually get some perspective. He could have waited in his wheel chair for it to be done.

Heather Knits said...

Believe it or not, the comment I deleted was even worse than this. He spilled on the bottom edge of the sheet about halfway down the mattress. I couldn't lean against the bed or kneel on it when he wanted me to find his remote. He was too drunk to get in the wheelchair, as I SAID BEFORE. He would have FALLEN. No one wants that.

Unfortunately for me Ron is often half or mostly naked at these special times, otherwise I would make a private video. It would explain so much but it would violate his privacy and I will not "do" him like that. But he is about 5% at times like this. Remember he has trouble getting in/out of his wheelchair when he is at 100%.

I had a HELL of a time getting him into bed both times today. The second time I noticed the spill. I was NOT about to get him out again (assuming he would have cooperated and he was not in a cooperative mood). I can really only move him if he is helping.

So whenever he wakes up, tonight or tomorrow, bedding change and a bath as I said in my other reply. I will have to get out my carpet cleaner when I feel better, it is pretty grim.

Anonymous said...

We all know that there will be no bedding change, no bath and no carpet cleaning going on in your house anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

So if you have so much trouble getting him in and out of bed, it’s probably time for a nursing home. You aren’t qualified to care for him. No one should have to lay in their own excrement

Heather Knits said...

Well, that's your opinion "If it's broken throw it away". That is not who I am, however.

"Qualified?" He married me and chose me to be his wife, assistant, etc. That qualifies me.
That was his choice. Until he tells me otherwise I will continue doing what I can.

Anonymous said...

"Until he tells me otherwise I will continue doing what I can."

At this point with the pills, booze, and lack of caring, can he mentally decide?

Anonymous said...

Maybe he'll end up the hospital with a nasty infection and you'll get a much needed break.
It'll be HIS fault, too.

Anonymous said...

There will probably come a day in the not too distant future that he falls and you can't get him up. He'll go to the hospital and then to the nursing home and you won't have to put him there. I had to go help my dad get up off the floor before work one morning. It wasn't easy and if he couldn't even help at all, it would have been an ambulance ride.

Heather Knits said...

You may remember last summer he fell in the garage, out of his wheelchair on the floor, and could not get himself up due to being that drunk. He, on his own, called 911 and asked for an ambulance. Two very nice guys came out and put him in the wheelchair in the garage. I put the seatbelt on him and after they left took him to bed. This happened again a week later.

We figured out he could not go out the door "front ways" so I back him out onto the ramp now when we leave. He has not fallen on the ramp since.

When he falls in his room, drunk, I leave him there (he has instructed me to do this) and when he sobers up he gets himself into bed. If he is very drunk and in danger of falling I use the seatbelt and take him over next to his bed. When he sobers up he takes off the belt and gets himself into bed. So far that has worked re: falls.

Re: can he decide when it's time to go to the nursing home? I believe so. At least at this point he can. He has said it "it gets to be too much" I am free to place him.

Re: infection, not if I can help it. His leg is looking better but he needs more protein. Even on his terrible diet it is healing OK. I am doing peroxide, neosporin, antibacterial bandage and it seems to be helping. I have plenty of all of that.

I do need to talk to him about the importance of protein to prevent illness and infection.

Anonymous said...

“ I do need to talk to him about the importance of protein to prevent illness and infection”

Spoiler alert: he doesn’t care

Anonymous said...

No peroxide. This was already covered back when he got the burn.

Heather Knits said...

Peroxide gets rid of the ick... no other way to delicately phrase it. If Blogger would allow it, and it was acceptable, I might up up some photos. But they actually have a rule about disgusting images so I won't. I will put up one when he is healed.

Ron will care about preventing infection and promoting healing when I put it in the context of him in the hospital, or not. Him needing a painful graft, or not. Etc.

"You need to take care of yourself and be healthy!" in a high, shrill voice - not going to work.