Thursday, October 31, 2019

Early Thursday

Trying to be positive.  I set an alarm last night to wake up and take my pain pill.  Did that, reset alarm but failed to turn it on!

Woke up, hurting!  Not as bad as it was but pretty bad.  Yesterday I started my cycle so I added cramps in there too.

I haven't had cramps in ages, but it's just been that special week for me.  When I got up Ron was very drunk and incoherent.  I managed to get him fed.  I managed to get him to take his vitamins.  He kept asking for "pineapple".  I brought him a pineapple soda.  He said no.  He kept babbling.  He did agree he wanted to get into bed, so I did that.  It wasn't easy because he was not cooperative.  Next time I may just leave him in the chair with the seatbelt.

I left him alone for a while.  He said he wanted his cell phone, I gave it to him. Later on I gave him some lemonade and he was very grateful. 

We have all our Halloween candy at work and that is a $30 cab ride each way, that is not happening.  Not that we have the cash anyway.  So no candy tonight.  It will be cold anyway, and a weeknight.

I just had a flipping root canal and just not feeling up to it.  I feel run down and tired, probably the antibiotic/pain pill combination.

I will remind you I am taking Motrin 800, no narcotics at all.  My experience with Tylenol #3 it made a pretty "good" mania but I don't want a bad mania.  I have too many responsibilities and we cannot afford me going into the nut house for a tune up.

If I were a really "good" patient I would call my p-doc (prescribing mental health) and ask him if it is OK to take the motrin but this pain sucks without ibuprofen so I am not going to risk a no.  One thing my Dad learned in government work, don't ask if you don't want to hear a no.  He also said if you don't ask the answer is ALWAYS no.  So you have to balance that.

But I was just toxic so it might be an issue.  But all I read I should be better in a few days.  I think I will have another diet soda and then take a nap.

I really feel wiped out.

Edit, I did call my psychiatrist and let him know I was taking the motrin. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you got the tooth fixed and hopefully in a couple of days you will be pain free. At least you won't have to sit outside giving out candy this year.

Heather Knits said...

I reconsidered, took a cab to work and got my candy. I will be doing it after all.

Anonymous said...

$60.00 just to hand out candy to kids was a very wasteful expense. You could have had Walmart deliver you more candy today and it would have been cheaper. With all the expenses you and Ron have had all together I really don't understand what you were thinking. Please stop squandering money like this.

Heather Knits said...

You forgot the tip.

At my old church most participants had to pay upwards of $1000 for a mission trip. I paid way less than that (and have to include waiting time for the cab in addition to the tip) for mine. I will evangelize children and their families on the one night I am permitted to do so. Ron was on board with it.

I had purchased items not available at the Walmart and had to get them from work - like the full sized candy bars. They are a lot cheaper wholesale even with the cab fare. It's one night a year. I'm not worried about it.

And really with what I spent yesterday on my emergency what I spent today is nothing.

Anonymous said...

Those mission trips are paid for by others in the church and not funded by the actual missionaries. You are having financial difficulties as it is and can barely afford your current lifestyle. Spending $100 on the cab fare not to mention the cost of the candy for one night is not prioritizing your needs. And who cares if Ron was on board with it since he is unable to make sound financial decisions his opinion is worthless. The man is currently laying in his own urine. So why would you take his advice or opinion on anything?

Heather Knits said...

Inform yourself: the person who wants to go on the trip must pay. They "let" the less wealthy make payments but they all have to pay. That has been 2 churches I attended. Very different denominations. I believe the churches feel the missionary will take it more seriously if it is a financial bite.

Now the cab fare is up to $100. Arturo would have liked that a lot better than what I paid him.

I had already bought the candy PRIOR to sales tax, flood insurance, Biscuit getting sick, and my root canal. I am barely able to afford a single candy bar for myself at present. LOL

He spilled on the edge of the sheet. He is in the middle of the bed. I could, theoretically, just get a pair of scissors...but not very economical.

When he gets up he gets a bath and a bed change.

Anonymous said...

"I am barely able to afford a single candy bar for myself at present."

BUT that did not stop you from taking a cab ride to get candy for trick or treaters and spend $60.00 + on the cab ride. Do you really hear yourself? Do you even understand that it was foolish to spend that money if you claim you are not able to afford a $69 cent to a $1.00 candy bar?

Heather Knits said...

I spent the money on evangelism, not a holiday. Any other day of the year I would lose at least one tooth and a fair amount of blood if I tried to evangelize another person's kid. Today they smile at me. They can always throw away the booklet. But I gave it. God sees that.