Saturday, August 5, 2023

Early Saturday morning

 I slept pretty well last night, got up and did my God Time first thing after I got up.  I like to do it that way.  

Things I have been working on: Bible study first thing in the morning and last thing at night; also bring something Scriptural to read on my breaks and lunches at work. I think that is very important.  

My faith got me through my childhood, my illness, my marriage.  I am not about to ditch it now.  One thing I'm proud of is the fact I leaned on God after Ron died. If you click the link read the last paragraph:  A couple weeks after Ron died

My faith is not a prison it is a guard rail to keep me from falling off a cliff.  And look at the things I am working on in my own soul: gossip - who needs that anyway?  That is a good thing to get rid of.  Same with pride and God is always working with me on that.  I fail Him every day and He still loves me.  My faith has also kept me from jumping into another terrible relationship. I am far less lonely when I lean on God and that is ALSO a good thing. 

My faith is so important to me I go stick my neck out in awful places to go share it.  I think that is also a good thing. 

But yesterday I was thinking.  I left the house probably a feels like temperature of 110.  I had to walk half a mile to the bus stop carrying a heavy bag.  I had drunk Gatorade before leaving the house.  I also had a homemade electrolyte drink, one quart, with me and also a quart of plain water.  I drank all of it by the time I got to the transit center.  I felt dizzy and sick, I had to pee, and I thought "I don't think God wants me to do anymore Handouts for a while".  So I will respect that.  

You can bet I was glad to get to work and that bathroom!  But I would get sick if I didn't drink all the water.  So I will be taking a break for a while I think and just focusing on handing out stuff to my drivers.  

They (drivers) are getting a "new bid" in a couple of weeks which means all new drivers on all my routes.  I feel I have served this batch well they have all gotten Bibles and other relevant material. I have and will pray for them. I am ready for a new batch. 

I do need to get more candy, though. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: