Saturday, August 12, 2023

Very early Saturday

 My ride to work was pretty uneventful.  There was a manic, drunk, homeless man on the bus kept bothering people one lady in a wheelchair finally told him to f*ck off and he got off the bus acting very offended.  The bus was very full and I kept my bag next to me in the seat until a feeble old man got on with his cane, then I caught his eye and waved him over, moved my bag right as he got to the seat.  I prefer to choose who sits with me and this guy was clean and wholesome looking.  I was right, he didn't stink and he didn't bother me.  He said he was going to his eye doctor. I wouldn't have felt right making him stand and sadly no one else offered him a seat.  

When I got off the bus at 12:30 PM the parking lot was only 1/3 full, much less than a normal Friday.  Sales remained low.  I believe everyone got a high electric bill and that limits their spending.  Everyone I talked to had a bill well over $300.  I stopped complaining about my $182.  At any rate I don't think anyone has spare cash. I venture the thrift store did a good business this weekend.  But my store?  Last night?  Pfft.  

And I volunteered to work all weekend.  We will see how that goes.  I only got about 4 hours sleep last night but did sleep well.  I had a Monster in the fridge and drank that when I got up.  Oh it was vile.  I can still taste it.  But it did get me up.  

I think next time I would do a Mountain Dew and a B vitamin.  

Shower time.   Ready to go.  I am in a battle with the cats. They have half a bowl of food and want "new"food. Well they are going to eat the "old" food today or go hungry.  

That's it for now. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in Knoxville TN an my light bill was 360 this month every one I have talked to has high bills some are over 500 around here it's crazy