Friday, August 18, 2023

Early Friday

 If I ever do find a church I will not tell them about the blog because I think many of them would be horrified about the posts about underwear, menstrual cups, poop knife, etc. 

All that said some underwear at work went on clearance a while back.  It was the store brand and they had a bikini style that went on sale for $3 for 6, but not in my size.  Last night I was walking by and I saw it.  So I waited until my break,went back, scanned it with my phone.  Yes it was $3. It was unopened as far as I could tell so I bought it. 

And it got me thinking last night.  God sent me this great deal on lacy underwear but I don't have a man in my life and not looking for one, either.  But the Bible says God is my husband so maybe He would like me to wear pretty underwear just for myself now and then?  I don't know but it was a thought. I will "try" it on my day off because once I leave the house I am stuck with whatever I'm wearing for the next 12 hours which can be a long time if something digs or chafes.  

I am going to enjoy this weekend because I work 8 days in a row once I go back. I set myself up for this when I volunteered for sales tax weekend but I'm a widow with bills. Walmart is my only source of income. I would rather have more money vs.less and the different bus rides mean I will reach different drivers. I see every work commute as a mission trip to drivers. 

Sometimes I bring extra material and hand it out to other drivers I don't utilize at the transit center because I don't want to miss anyone God has assigned to me. And the drivers appreciate it. 

I had 2 "different" drivers yesterday on the same routes so I found that interesting. I had written up cards stating I'd be praying daily with some Bible verses and put them in with the tracts and candy.  

I am working on pride issues so I won't say I'm "proud" to announce but I will say I haven't had any diet sugars all week.  I have had some real sugars though. 

But I'm off the fake stuff. I am still having some headaches but not horribly.  

I need to tweak my budget. Doing OK on that. 

I have a 10 pound bag of pinata mix set aside for Halloween if I can hand out candy then. The pinata mix goes fast around October because you get a huge amount for a cheap price and in this economy people want that. 

My radar on does a man like me is laughable. Last night I was in the back area (employees only) and they had a employee satisfaction survey board on the wall with things the store is going to do to "make it better". I was looking at it and the autistic guy I think (?) might like me came up and stood very close behind me even though the area was clear and no one else was around.  

Now I am 99% sure that is just because no one explained personal space to him.  I know Ron actually had to have someone explain to him (when we were in counseling back in 2005, he was a terrible therapist but he did get Ron to give people some space).  There is a "coach" he respects at work a very nice lady. 

I am going to wait a few days and then casually mention to her could she drop to ___ about personal space and to leave at least 2-3 feet between him and the other employees, especially women?  I think that would be OK but I don't want it back tracking to me. I don't want to get him in trouble but, like Ron, it needs to come from someone he respects. 

Other than that work went very well.  I had a customer going off on me at work and my boss came by, "What is going on?" the customer started spouting out all kinds of lies and nonsense and my boss said "Heather wouldn't do that" and basically told the customer to go away and leave me alone.  The ironic thing the customer had said she was there to talk to the "hiring manager" but by the end of her tirade realized she had effectively burned any chances of getting a job at this Walmart and left.  Can you imagine if we had hired her?  Ugh. 

It was nice to know my boss would stand up for me. I had my doubts. 

I need to get ready so I'm going to put this up and get ready, maybe do another post later before I go. That's it for now! 

No comments: