Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Some about me and underwear so men may want to skip

 I was very hungry all morning now battling a bad headache. I hate when I get a headache on a day off but a headache at work, especially stocking, is worse. 

I just had a glass of very cold water that helped.  

I did all my laundry, did jeans earlier this week and everything else last night so it's all done.  I also decided to "try" some of my new underwear while I'm at home so I can take it off and go to my regular stuff if it's uncomfortable.  

I don't want to break it in at work when I am stuck wearing it for 12-13 hours.  Better to try it a few hours at home and see if it works.  Sometimes I get tired of plain underwear.  

Now I used to think I only wore nice stuff for my husband, to impress him. But I have decided I can wear it just for me if I want.  It's not a sex thing.  Just like wearing a nice brightly colored t shirt instead of a boring black one (I have a lot of black t shirts for work).  Of course no one sees it but me.  

Things this year got me thinking about this; years ago I read a very interesting book on style called "Fabulous You" and figured out I was a Sporty/Romantic type.  Romantics apparently are big on lingerie.  I have a little of that but also highly practical as well; you will most often find me in my trusty cotton underwire bra but underwear who knows?  

So trying that out today.  

Headache is better that cold water is great.  A friend bought me a basic filtering pitcher about a year ago and I like to keep that rascal in the fridge, full. And then use it for the cats. Biscuit gets very excited when he sees me with the pitcher in my hand.  

For breakfast, I make a shake with whole milk and whey protein powder, sometimes a little cinnamon powder too.  It has a negligible amount of fake sugar in it. Biscuit gets very excited when he sees me assembling the blender and taking the carton of milk out of the fridge.  Occasionally I give him a little dab, it doesn't bother him but I worry about him getting calcium stones so I don't do it often. It's a special treat. 

I have to balance him having a life worth living vs. having a healthy life.  He likes the Iams Urinary so I feed them all that.  I have had TERRIBLE luck with "You eat this and you eat that".  Especially when I had kittens in the house.  The grown ups always wanted to eat the kitten food and the kittens eat the adult. So unless I lock them in the bathroom one at a time with a food bowl.  So they all eat the special food.  Cleo's fur looks fantastic on it (they all do but she is stellar) so I don't worry about her and Spotty's health.  Spotty, being a male cat, should probably eat this anyway.  

I have just had lousy luck with FLUTD cats.  I've had 3.  One in CA, Frosty:


Frosty was particularly sad. He had been acting sick one night and I was very tired so I told myself I would take him to the emergency vet in the morning.  I did that, but it was too late, he was in kidney failure.  As he was also diabetic and "over 13" the vet advised putting him down which I did. It was heartbreaking to think I could have saved him if I'd just taken him in earlier.  

So when Biscuit: 


So when I saw him going to the litter box again and again, like my other boys, straining to pee like my other boys, I called the vet and then Ace and got Biscuit to the vet in half an hour.  She was able to save him, she had to cath him.  He had struvite stones.  Managed with diet so overall 98% of the time I am careful, and he will be 9 next month so I guess I've done alright.  My vet was not hopeful about cats with this condition and said they never lived very long. 

I do feel redeemed that I could use my awful Frosty experience to save Biscuit.  But I feel like I'm cursed with FLUTD boys so I am happy to feed Spotty the special diet too.  And like I said Cleo doesn't care.  Chicken is the #1 ingredient so that's all they want.  

Ideally when these guys are gone I will get a pair of bonded female black cats and avoid the issue altogether.   Black cats are gorgeous, sweet, and have terrible adoption rates so I would go for them.  But God has sent me, like, every other color cat the last 10 years.  I also like the tabby and white cats.  

It is so nice to feel better.  

Spotty just came in the cat door; he announces himself meyowling loudly as he comes through the house. It's very cute and would be great if I were blind. "Spotty's home!"  I used to do that with Ron, announce "Bubba's home" loudly to Ron when I would hear the cat door.  Ron loved that.  

With 6 cats and then down to 5 that was a little crazy.  

That's it for now.  


No comments: