Monday, August 28, 2023

Very early Monday

 I am proud of myself for staggering in the Bible room (formerly Ron's) and doing up 8 New Testaments with candy to hand out today. I did it first, not last like I normally do.  Now I don't have to worry about having time. 

I need to figure out what I'm taking. Dad donates to the Pocket Testament League so he has a lot of their Gospels of John and he wants me to hand those out.  Well I can honor my parents by doing that, it's Scripture and it has a plan of salvation in it. I have tracts and Scripture booklets in my bag also I need to decide if I "need" to take them.  Also the 5 pound bag of candy but is that really enough?!  

Walmart is doing a big push for Halloween seasonal stuff already so I know I can find candy in CA. Some, at least. Speaking of Halloween they have a "spooky" black t shirt with a burning Jack O Lantern on it that is pretty cool.  I have a "friendly"one with black on orange I have worn the last several years but is it time for a new one?  I don't know. I also worry the black one is more Satanic. 

I do a big push on Halloween every year with 100 or so bags of candy with full sized Snickers and a Scripture booklet. I have ordered the booklets. I need to get the bags and the Snickers but not right now it is too hot. Unlike many Christians I think I can redeem Halloween with the evangelism because I can NEVER normally hand out literature to other people's children. Not only can I do that they all say thank you. It's one tradition Ron and I had that I feel has value and should be continued. 

In a good week I can hand out 100 items to adults but I like to take every opportunity, one reason the mailman is killing me not wanting anything.  But he is good about bringing my tracts and such.  

My sponsor is sending me New Testaments.  What, I don't know.  I told him to surprise me.  About the only big thing I need to do before I go is get my key copied for Sara and Jack (he should have one and says he doesn't), and figure out how to turn off my mail while I'm gone.  Last year someone robbed the mail man and stole the master key and the HOA was telling us to check our mail daily; I was not and worried. Besides something larger (like the Halloween Scripture booklets) might arrive while I'm gone. 

My aunt has me in her sights and plans to come before I travel so that will be LOADS of fun. Looking forward to that, a lot. 

Shower time. I have decided not to pack a lunch and buy a hot one from the deli as a reward for working 8 days in a row. I didn't complain because I can use the money and it was in my availability.  That's the only time I complain, if they ask me to work later than I safely can. 

My Bible study was a lot about overcoming persecution and how the Devil when attack when you're doing work for God.  I really hope I have a good day but that has me worried! 

That's it for now.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't buy as many full size snickers bars this year. Last year you had a lot of extras.

Heather Knits said...

Extras can go to bus drivers. 💕🚍

Heather Knits said...

2020 or 21 I ran out of candy. That won't happen again.

Anonymous said...

You had extra in 2022 so make some modifications since you claim you never have any money. Also many people are allergic to peanuts so maybe choose a candy bar that doesn't contain any nuts.

Heather Knits said...

Oh no, I am The Candy Lady and no one wants any chocolate but Snickers! It's a tradition as well, "the full sized Snickers" because Ron wanted so desperately to be "the good house" on Halloween.

I am the only person I know with a nut allergy. I can do Walnuts and Pecans but no peanuts or Almonds!

The pinata mix I will include does not have nuts so it's good.