Sunday, August 6, 2023

Early Sunday morning

 I have been thinking a lot about clothes I had growing up (I was always happy with what I had) as I had 3 older girl cousins and 2 older sisters, so I had a lot of hand-me-downs.  

My adoptive Mom just had to get me socks and underwear. This was the 80's and 90's so my faded black jeans were "cool" and stylish.  Once I had a female classmate ask me how I got my clothes so "cool" and I explained they were hand me downs and had been worn for years before reaching me.  She went "Ew" and treated me like a leper after that but I didn't care.  

I also liked thrift shops I was always finding cute stuff, but as I got older I became a bigger size than my stepsister so I had to get my own stuff.  And they were a little lacking in that; to the point Ron said I had a "scrawn" of clothes when I moved in with him. 

I have friends in apparel so I get good deals now.  My current favorite pair of jeans are a faded black flare leg, high waist, with a seam on the front of the leg.  They are so comfortable and I feel very stylish wearing them. I will have to put up a photo of me in them sometime. 

On a totally different subject, I was aghast last year when I went to CA and could not find any pinata mix or assorted individually wrapped candy. So this year I have bought a 5 pound bag of the "Tueni" mix that I will take. I am debating what sort of evangelism stuff to bring. Dad said something about them having Gospels of John. But I may just buy some "Invitations" (New Testament) and have them shipped to their house.  That way I know I'm set. I am sure I can get baggies there so not worried about that.  

I am currently working on laundry and will then work on cooking and cleaning later today while still trying to have some fun as well. 

That's it for now. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God you must be annoying as hell to have as a visitor. Why can't you just go on a vacation and leave the candy and handouts at home? If your parents want to do what you do they are free to do it anytime they want to.

Anonymous said...

I hope you bring that pretty dress you bought to your parents. Maybe your mom can take you out for a day of beauty to get your hair cut and styled.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they can help you sign up for medical insurance?

Heather Knits said...

Well as near as I can figure I will have to go for Medicaid. That has to be done locally.