Saturday, August 19, 2023

So, my Saturday

 I left the house around 10 and had to wait for about 10 minutes in the suffocating heat.  It was very sunny, still, humid and oppressive today.  Heat index?  

Check THIS out!  



And dum-dum (me) was out in the middle of it.   I took the one bus up to the light, crossed (didn't have to wait too long this time, either), rode to the transit center. I caught the 56 (after a significant wait I felt) and went to the Food Max grocery store for more of their delicious sausage.  I bought the sausage, a "real" soda, and a Powerade, then had to wait a while on a bus back to the transit center.  That's where I got the screen shot.  

I caught the bus I needed to go to the low cost grocery store but the bus driver pulled over a few minutes into the route, got up, got out the cell phone and got off the bus to make a phone call.  That is always a bad sign.  Generally means the bus is about to go out of service.  

I had been handing out candy all morning so I kept doing that, eventually a supervisor came and they looked at one of the mirrors for a while, and we started up again.  I got to the grocery store, which was a mad house.  I got more candy, a gallon of milk, and a tub of Gatorade powder which I felt was a very smart investment considering what a trip to ER or Urgent Care would set me back.  

Also every damned thing (sorry for language) I read about my medication says I need to be in a safe and happy place with the weather not too hot or cold. That extreme heat is Very Bad for me.  And I don't feel well when I'm out in it like I was today but I just got going later than I wanted.  Doc agrees and would be horrified if he realized I am out there riding the bus in (waves hand) this.

Oh, and it's going to be 106 tomorrow! [screams]  

So mainly the day was me running a few errands while baking like a potato.  I did find some good pork chops at Food Max, though.  I like a nice meaty chop without a lot of fat and no bone; I found that, several of them for about $4.  So I got them. 

I talked a little to my drivers they are all changing routes and many are not looking forward to their new assignments. I felt bad for them. 

I came home eventually and found myself going pretty slow as I came through the subdivision.  Ron always used to say I "Didn't know how to mosey" and that is true I always walk fast everywhere I go. It gets me in trouble when I'm leaving work sometimes because I want to run over the customers!  

I came home the cats are good; I gave them a can of food.  Let me see if I can put up the video.  Yes, the floor is messy.  I am going to clean tomorrow.  

The squeaking cat is Biscuit, the gray and white.  The orange and white is Spotty and the Calico is Cleo. 


I think I got it.  I also gave them their Advantage and gave Biscuit some catnip.  He likes a little 'nip now and then. 

That's it for now!  


No comments: