Saturday, August 26, 2023

Saturday night

 I made it home OK.  I handed out the rest of my evangelism stuff (I brought 10 items) so I feel good about that.  One of the drivers was like a little kid at Christmas when I gave him his candy, it was very sweet, made my whole day worth it.  

Boss usually has Sunday off please please.  I did decide to get a McDonald's coffee tomorrow morning because I don't need coffee after work.  I tried to take a nap but could not.  I did get some laundry going.  

Today is SVU on ION not my favorite so no TV.  I did decide I needed more Bible study.  I have them in my vest at work.  I need them in my backpack too.  So I did that when I got home. My backpack is falling apart if I don't get one for my birthday (it's on my wish list) I will buy one.  The one I have is holding up though.  

I think one reason God put me with this boss I have a tendency to look for people's approval vs. His. She is very stingy with her approval and often highly critical so if I want encouragement I must look elsewhere, to Him.  She is not a bad woman she is under a lot of pressure.  I also suspect she has both OCD and ADD you can imagine how that goes; and no medication.  Plus pressure from higher ups and a lot of drama in her personal life.  I don't envy her, I don't hate her, I just wish she would forget about me sometimes.  

The washer just scared the daylights out of me.  I turned it on and it just sat there for about 3 minutes with me frantically praying before it decided to fill.  That was scary!  I had jeans in it.  

With it this hot I feel like I can only wear a pair of jeans 2 days before I have to wash it because I am sweating in it every minute I am outside and that can be hours a day. So I have 4 jeans in there (thank you for all the clothes, Lord).  

I need to figure out what I'm taking to CA.  I have some cute shorts, those will go.  I will wear a pair of jeans on the plane but haven't figured out which yet.  I would like another pair of jeans, some leggings, t shirts, and 2 dresses (I will be there a week).  I like to have all that packed well in advance, I always have.  

When Ron and I were both working at non profits we had generous vacation time, so we took a week every year to visit his family in Houston, go to Galveston, etc.  I packed well in advance and Ron said he would pack the night before.  

But he ate at "Salmonella kitchen" in the Tenderloin and got food poisoning that day. I actually had to dope him up on my phenergan to get him on the plane (I had it for migraines).  He was in no shape to pack, so I did it for him, and of course he wasn't happy. But after that he learned 1.  Don't eat there right before a trip and 2.  Pack your bag early.  He didn't have much fun. He was pretty sick the whole time but I had plenty of phenergan and he was not drinking much back then so it was OK. 

I already have the candy, some evangelism material.  I have a sponsor ready to ship Bibles to Mom and Dad for me to hand out.  I just need to get the OK from them.  

Oh and when I get back (going to call them in a minute) I will tell you about the female co worker who is trying to move in with me. She is very lazy and on the verge of being fired. NO THANKS. I told her I am a nudist that did it. 

 Today handing out candy (fully clothed!) I had 2 guys who were a lot of fun.  The drivers who know me expect the candy.  They are happy to get it and understand my motivation because they have seen the material I hand out.  

Today I had (more than) 2 guys who had never met me before.  The first driver just gaped at me as I put the candy in his hand.  "What is this?"  I said "It's candy, for you."  "Why?"  "They call me the Candy Lady you can ask the other drivers about me" and I hopped off.  

The second driver, on the way home, a route I don't take but runs and stops at the shared bus stop.  He stopped, I got on, said "I'm not riding" (otherwise they shut the door!) and gave him the candy.  He was ecstatic.  "For me?  Really?"  and grinned from ear to ear.  Both were a lot of fun.  

For the unreached mocker you can do this yourself without Jesus material it is a lot of fun. For my Christians this is easy and fun.  Get a tract or Scripture booklet (World Missionary Press link on the lower right hand corner of this page), stick it in a sandwich baggie (the kind that zips not the kind that folds) and a handful of "good" wrapped candy.  You never know what kind of impact it may have.  

I handed out 10 and could have done more.  So I did more tonight to take tomorrow. 

Oh Dad FREAKED when I mentioned having a sponsor ship Bibles to him.  He says he has something for me to hand out, a lot of it.  So I'll do that.  I was sorry I upset him.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: