Saturday, August 5, 2023

Saturday afternoon

 Well bad news first.  I got the electric bill and it was $50 more than I had planned.  I can push the gas bill, though, and pay that next pay period.  

Good news: went out and handed out over a dozen items.  My favorite was the old Vietnamese man on the bus.  He seemed so beaten down.  I gave him a Vietnamese Scripture booklet from World Missionary Press and he lit up and was just grinning all the way to my destination.  I was really glad God put me on that bus and had also led me to carry the booklets.  

I handed out various booklets and a few Bibles to various cashiers, bus drivers, a few homeless people at the transit center, etc.  A lady at Burger King.  I used the gift card and got a very nice meal.  A young black man at my last bus stop "I am late getting home my Mom is going to kill me!" so I gave him a Bible and said "Tell her some crazy lady gave you a Bible and she'll forget you were late".  He took it!  

I think I cooked my brains a little I have a headache.  But I think it was worth it.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: