Friday, August 4, 2023

Glad I was the nosy neighbor

 So yesterday a white car turns on my street and drives very slowly to the end of the block.  It is a pristine white car that has obviously been recently detailed as white cars pick up a lot of dirt in Houston.  I see a man behind the wheel squinting out.  

He comes back and stops in front of my house, sees me looking out the window at him, thinks about it for a while, "makes the block" again, comes back, I'm still there.  He parks in my neighbor's driveway and gets out, the dog goes nuts of course, he walks around her property for a while.  

Remember this is a pristine late model car.  He is disheveled at best, wearing too large, dirty, khaki pants and a dirty maroon sweatshirt.  It is 100 degrees out.  His hair is dirty, long (very unusual for a Latino man), and sticking out in all directions.  EVERY alarm bell I have is going off. Apparently he walked in front of her Ring doorbell and she said something to him because he took off like a bat out of hell   

She came home about 10 minutes later.  I did not say anything to her because the guy left.  But a guy looking like that driving a perfect car I figure the car must have been stolen.  

I didn't think it quite rose to the level of calling the police and I did have to go to work.  And I think between me, the "other" guard dog, and the Ring he won't be back.  

But this is one reason I carry a stun gun.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't do anything. The neighbors ring cam prevented the break in. Not you.

Anonymous said...

Oh did you talk to the guy? Lol

Anonymous said...

Good for you to stare him down!

Heather Knits said...

I am a territorial beast.