Friday, August 4, 2023

Friday morning

 I slept OK last night but first thing this morning I took all the clothes from this week and put them in the laundry with a full load of laundry sanitizer.  That guy yesterday made me realize I need to be more aggressive in my sanitation. If we've got guys with full blown hepatitis walking around actively bleeding on the bus what else is going on?  

Now in his "defense" he could have drunk his liver into that state, it might not have been infectious.  But I doubt it. I do know I have some small cuts on my hand from work so I have to be careful. 

I didn't put my underwear in there as my privates find that stuff irritating.  And I am more concerned about the outside clothes. 

We have one manager last night.  He was recently promoted.  He is very bossy and is an 'X"manager running around yelling commands all night. He does not motivate he frightens.  Anyway he was running around yelling at my boss so I was not surprised when she came by and started yelling at me.  Shit rolls downhill and all, but I found it sad. 

I had uneventful rides to work aside from the sick, bleeding, homeless man.  I guess the bus driver is stuck transporting him.  Tonight is my Friday so that should be OK.  

And I've got the laundry started now so I will only have to wash today's clothes, underwear, and my vest this weekend.  

I am trying to figure out some details for my trip. My first plane leaves at 8 so I am arranging a ride to the airport with Jack.  I asked Ace but he said no thanks. I appreciated the honesty.  I am debating buying the candy and having it shipped to CA (a lot of work) or taking a carryon and doing it that way.  I am leaning toward the carryon.  Can I hand out 5 pounds of candy in a week?  Absolutely.  Especially if I say "I came all the way from Houston to give you this!" as I present it.  I think about these things.  

I have most of the bills paid but waiting to get the gas and the electric bill. I plan to do a little shopping at work after I clock out but not much.  

I signed a contract when I was hired basically saying I would not verbally say or post on media anything that made the company look bad and that is all I can say. What I can say the health inspector said my deli was fine so I am not worried about eating there. 

I was going to go off soda again but it has been too crazy at work with back to school.  My sister sent me a text message, likely in part because her birthday is coming up, and I texted her back saying the store was busy with back to school.  She texted me saying congratulations on going back to college.  That's not what I said. I will correct her later. 

What am I going to do, go to college so I can be a team lead?  There's  a lot I'd do before that. I can't make the store look bad and actually iterate what those things would be but it would be drastic. I don't know one, happy, team lead in my store, and personal peace is very important to me.  I get shouted at a lot in my job but when I clock out I am at peace and I seldom take work home with me. 

That's it for now; more later. 

No comments: