Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Wednesday morning

 So they changed my schedule at work so I work this weekend.  I will make a lot more money which is good.  

I called in sick today (they call it "calling out" for some reason) and texted my boss as well I would not be coming in.  I didn't think it was fair to make her find out on her own. I do have a splitting headache.  I let her know "these things only last about 12 hours" so she wouldn't worry about tomorrow/weekend. Anyway she seemed to appreciate the notice.  

First time in 2 years so I don't feel bad about it. One thing I plan to do is bag up a lot of candy.  I also need to call Jack and find out if he can get me after work this weekend.  If not I go with Ace.  I will be pretty wrung out after 9 hours in the trenches on Tax Free Weekend.  

One thing I will say Walmart makes it pretty complicated to call in.  You have to select various menu options for English and calling in sick, then you have to enter your "WIN" (Walmart ID number) and then your 8 digit date of birth. Then select why.  Is it COVID?  Bereavement?  Illness or injury of you or a family member?  Etc.  If you already feel crappy it is not fun. But I did that.  

I am glad I have the number in my phone book.  

I just finished my Bible study.  I have 3 different "read the Bible in a year" programs, a digital one on my tablet that can be glitchy, a paper version of same for those times, and a Daily Chronological version (in date order not the standard order, for instance Job goes next to Genesis).  I think it is important to get some meat in my program and straight Bible = Meat.  I have some devotionals I picked up or was gifted along the way (My aunt gave me the Corrie Ten Boom devotional, my friend Amber gave me a morning and evening one, I picked up a couple more at thrift stores and the Blackaby one I got at Lifeway).  Super important to dig into that every day.  

I also have my regular Bible which is not fancy, a "pew Bible" hardback giant print New King James version that cost me $15.  I am very fond of it.  I have that marked up all my favorite verses with highlighters and those little flags they put on papers they want you to sign.  My one Bible has me working through Jeremiah right now and he is pretty much my favorite Old Testament prophet.  God forbade him to marry because things would get that bad and He didn't want Jeremiah to suffer the loss of wife and children (that is clearly stated in the Bible) or likely see them raped when the Babylonians finally conquered Jerusalem (the last is not mentioned just my personal supposition).  But I have found myself marking up a lot of Jeremiah I have highlights a couple of places on each page.  I find that interesting.  

Everyone has their favorite Bible passages I like the "I got your back - God" type ones.  

The house felt very cold when I got home last night and still feels very comfortable even with the thermostat set at 85.  Hopefully that will make for a less painful bill.  

I will make about $800 on my next check (not next week's but the one after it) that will be just in time.  If I have a little more money one thing I plan to do is call Sara at the vet and see if she will come by and take care of the cats (basically just food and water) when I'm gone.  She loves cats, Cleo in particular she has a very soft spot so I think she would be better than Jack who is a dog person.  He will feed them but that's all he'll do.  Sara will pet them and fuss over them.  I like that.  I will see if she will do it and how much.  If I knew I would die next week and I had to pick someone to take the cats Sara would be it.  

I may tell her that!  

Anyway that will be good to have a little extra when the electricity comes due and also to cover travel expenses.  I did go ahead and spring for one of those travel packs of disinfecting wipes (for toilet seats) already at work and I put that in my travel bag, which is a beat up old mesh backpack.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: