Saturday, August 26, 2023

Very early Saturday

 My boss was surprised I was there last night as I work 3 days earlier in the week, then 2 nights.  That's just how personnel has it right now.  I told her I can do anything between 8 AM and 9 PM.  But I know they were short staffed this morning and had plenty of people last night so I suspect I will eventually move to more days.  That's fine.  

It's the working a night and then the day that is hard like today as I got about 5 hours sleep.  

I came home last night, very tired and needing encouragement, SO happy when I checked the mail and found this:  




Bible studies and also the "New Testament" reference book I had requested but wasn't on the website anymore.  I was really happy about that.  I like to read them at work, carry them in my vest pocket and grab a lesson on my break,lunch, before work.  They get pretty beat up quick but I think God is OK with me actually USING them. So I have a good amount.  I may also read them on the bus I will have to think about that as I like to be alert.  

That was a huge blessing for me.  I have one of each (I requested 5 of each) in a bag to go in my vest at work. I can't have too much Jesus.  

I talked to my parents.  I was worried about my adoptive Mom as she had oral surgery, knocked out to get 2 teeth pulled, yesterday but she sounded fine. I just worry about them undergoing anything at their age.  

We didn't talk long we were all tired.  

Speaking of tired I am.  Today is day 6 in a row.  Out of 8.  I don't know why they did the schedule like this but I'll work it as it means I get 2 days Tuesday and Wednesday and then 2 more days Saturday and Sunday.  I may contact the church and see if I can attend the Sunday evening service see how I like that. 

It also means I have my payday off which is great. I need to buy more candy I have been handing a lot out. I am OK for meat but can use salad stuff and milk but not this minute. 

I am really happy I only work a 4 hour shift today that means I'm only there 4 hours instead of 7 like my usual day. And don't forget that is 4 hours travel in addition. 

I view the travel as my mission trip to the drivers every day. I get to hand out a minimum of 5 things every day I ride both ways to work, often more. 

I am going to have Jesus take the wheel today and carry me through the day. I should get enough sleep tonight thank Him so that will make tomorrow much better. 

That's it for now. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My manager said his diabetic mom had surgery and it took her 2 days to wake up.
I've never heard of that.