Monday, August 1, 2022

Sunday night and Monday morning

 Work was OK yesterday I did not get shouted at.  Getting there was fine on the bus, I had my weekend special of 2 maple glazed donuts (they come in a little box, from the bakery, for $1.50) I have been able to lose OK eating these and I appreciate the treat on the weekends which are always like dog years for intensity.  

Work itself was fine it went fast.  Of course one of my managers went looking for me after I had gone to break and told the OTHER manager so.  I got a mild scolding from that when I got back because they missed me but I did tell the one boss so I didn't feel bad.  They need to communicate among themselves.  I came back on time, I always do.  

That is one good thing the bathroom is big enough I generally don't have a wait.  And I ate my mystery meat out of my freezer with some shredded cheese it was pretty good.  It kept me full which is all I cared about.  I think it was ground turkey?  I had a headache in the morning so I didn't want to make tuna.  

I left pretty much on time and got out of there, got my first bus OK.  Got to the transit center and had a 10 minute wait on next bus.  It came.  She drove about a mile, pulled over, and called dispatch.  Safety issue, they decided she would take the 2 guys to their destinations (not far) but she would pull over after dropping last guy and I would have to wait on the next bus.  Well, nothing I can do about that.  I sure dont' want to ride on an unsafe bus.  The guys were happy.  So I waited with her and she told me when the next bus was getting close, I got off and boarded just fine.  I was out of candy by that point so I gave the last driver my "keto pack" which is a pouch of smoked chicken with a spork and Scripture booklet.  She was happy to see it!  I need to carry more candy.  I got home OK everyone was very nice.  

Hopefully I got this sort of treatment by being a decent, kind, human and earning their respect.  I don't think I would have gotten all that if I had a reputation for being difficult.  But I was very nice and understanding about it.  I did get home half an hour late but no accident, either.  So that's a win.  

I was telling my driver about that, how I never see a bad bus wreck on TV because they are so careful.  Told her a few horror stories about Metrolift.  We laughed about that.  

So I got home I was pretty tense so I got undressed, put on a pair of shorts and my tshirt, laid down with the cats for 20 minutes before I called my family.  

My family has had some issues with my stepbrother's baby mama, who got custody of the boy.  She has not "let" him visit my parents for years.  She did decide to consent, yesterday, so my parents are thrilled.  I am happy for them, they say he is a really nice boy.  He is about 15 now.  So Dad talked a lot about that which is fine, I am glad he gets to see the boy.  

But I am thinking about my time off request: They are having the boy visit in late August, then visiting my step grandmother in early September, then I am supposed to visit after that?  Seems like a lot for an older couple to handle.  We will see.  

I am not encouraged by the fact my request has not been approved, and my direct managers have been so frazzled and cranky I have not wanted to ask.  Again, we will see.  I put the request in that is all I can do.  

I am shocked that on Tax free weekend they have me working 2 five hour days Thursday and Friday, and three 4 hour days Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  It is one of the busiest weekends of the year I expected to work a lot more hours.  Not to mention I could have used more hours, not looking for a lot, but enough hours to pay my bills..  My thought I will go ahead and bring a lunch if they do need me to work late, and I can volunteer, because if it's as busy as I think they will be happy to do it.  I won't accrue overtime for working that either which is all they care about.

Oh and I am down to 196.2 today.  I am really happy about that.  Even with the donuts.  I will be eating as cleanly as possible the next couple days.  I am glad I have smaller sized clothes in reserve.  

My aunt is in town today so I will be seeing her.  

That's it for now.  

1 comment:

Heather Knits said...

Can't publish the comment but yes to the question. And no the mother is not a better option she is extremely controlling with rage issues at best.

I feel bad for the boy.