Tuesday, August 23, 2022

192.2

I slept pretty well last night, but was careful moving around as Biscuit was in bed with me and I didn't want to roll over on him.  I got up and weighed, 192.2.  22 pounds to goal!  I have lost 66 pounds so far just need to get the last 22.  When I hit 170 I will take a break for a little bit and eat at maintainer levels. I may go back on the diet but I'm not thinking so.   

I read a very compelling article written by a medical missionary who was always "ideal weight".  Got caught overseas due to a coup or something and had to eat very short rations for a couple of months, came back very emaciated.  He said he would always carry an "extra" 20 pounds in case of illness or something.  It makes sense to me; when I get really sick I have no desire to eat.  I never have.  So ideal for my height is 150 which means 170 is my goal.  I think it is also more attainable to reach and sustainable to maintain.  I am going to have cheats.  I just don't want one cheat to derail me for months on the scale.  

I went through my backpack.  My little bottle of lysol is shot.  So I threw it away.  I use a Walmart bathroom anyway on the regular an airport or airplane bathroom is not going to be that bad in comparison.  I am taking some soap but Mom has shampoo and conditioner, I told her Suave anything was fine and I mean it.  I will need to pack some deodorant, but I have a hair brush, hair clip, and glasses case.  I do need to get a pair of headphones for my devices.  I found one in Ron's box of electronic stuff.  I have his digital recorder, fanny pack, fan, stuff like that in there.  A lot of adapter cords as I figure the minute I throw one away I will have to buy a replacement for $20.  I have a cell phone charger in there too.  I will put the Fire charger in the day I leave. 

And I need to figure out clothes.  Socks, underwear, bra (I don't plan to wear an underwire on the plane).  I will have access to a washer and dryer so won't need much.  I want to bring a couple t shirt dresses, something to work out in, and a top or two to go with my jeans.  I will worry about that as I get closer to my departure.  

I'm going to go do my God Time.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I doubt they even use real wires in bras anymore.
I am large busted and pulled out the side "wire" to make it more comfortable, it was a hard plastic strip.

Heather Knits said...

I will already be setting off red flags with the sneakers I don't want more hassle with my bra.

I can say it now but I was shocked how lax they were both times Ron flew in a wheelchair, they let him sit there and ran a wand over him, did not pat down or search him, barely glanced at him. That was 2009. I did not think that was safe. Just because he's using a chair doesn't make him a good guy, and he could have been faking.

Ron said he could walk through the scanner but once they got him up and saw him in action they put him back in the chair, apparently you cannot go through the scanner with assistance.

I did everything I was supposed to.