Wednesday, August 17, 2022

It's not the race, it's the ignorance

I washed my bedding as it was A. full of cat hair and B. gamey.  I did a soak with some baking soda in addition to the usual Tide and it's nice and fresh.  I have to hang dry the bedspread so I have that over the shower rod (which is mounted on special brackets).  I used the lint brush on it before I washed it.  

I laid down for a little bit with Cleo and we had a good nap.  I didn't really sleep but she let me lay close to her.  Later on I picked up her front legs and planted a kiss on her (first time I have done that) she wasn't sure what to make of it but did not hiss or struggle.  That's encouraging.  She's a good little cat.  

I did the dishes, most of them, and they are drying.  I went outside to sit in the sun for a while and the guy across the street had his garage door up, doing something in his garage.  If I had to guess from the screams he was working out with a weight bench and not very well.  He had loud rap music blasting with horrible profanities.  

He has 3 girls, I couldn't believe he was listening to music talking about p-y and such where they could hear it.  You might have guessed he was black, he is not.  I have 2 black neighbors and 2 latino neighbors and he is latino.  

Years ago, back when we first got together, Ron (himself black) had a thing about n-s (the word you don't say).  That's what he called them.  I asked what he hated and he named off, basically, ignorance.  So I told him, "You don't hate the skin color you hate ignorant people".  And he said YES as though I had just given him the secret of life.  So he started calling ignorant people "rants".  So the guy across the street has just proved himself a "rant".  That is all.  The volume level can't be heard with me in the house but he is just ignorant.  And that is sad.  #6 can act ignorant at times during his parties, when he gets drunk.  And they are both the latinos.. but they are quiet as anything.  So, "Rants".  

I will try again it seems quiet now... it was.  

I am a little moody tonight I have to work 5 days straight.  Not long days, any of them, but they are when you factor in the transportation.  You get the idea.  

I'll be fine.  The cats have been good.  Biscuit has been under the bed today not sure what is going on but I'll check.  Someone else fed them today they didn't touch their food.  He's fine, he was out loafing around on the floor with Cleo.  Good.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: