Monday, August 22, 2022

Sunday night and Monday morning

 Work went fine, it started out pretty busy.  I had theorized everyone got paid; they couldn't shop because of the rain, they would be out in force the minute it dried up.  And I was right.  But it was only 4 hours so not too bad.  The app did make me log in again before I could clock out, that was a little frustrating but if Walmart wants to pay for 2 extra minutes I will take it.  I came home on the bus, it was pretty dry.  

All new drivers of course and the one on the grim route gave her candy to a homeless man.  I was fine with that as long as he didn't know it was from me, it would cause problems/hassling if he did.  I trudged home through the vacant lot I keep hoping they'll develop and relaxed.  

Dad was doing up his pills and they got confused so he had to take everything out, identify it, and put it back.  Mom also had to get him a script, hopefully for that COVID cough he's got lingering.  So they called late.  I talked to them for about half an hour, went straight to bed.  

I bought 2 pounds of walnuts and 2 pounds of cheese as I figured that would be better for me than the fake shakes.  I did get mild cheddar as that is Biscuit's favorite.  He has been very unhappy with the Colby.  

I plan to do some shopping on my way home so that will take a while...either at work or at the grocery store on the way home, probably work.  I do get a small discount on fresh produce at work and I feel good about the produce guys.  So we will see what I find.  I have a grocery budget which is nice, I also need to get more candy.  

It's my Friday so I am wearing my purple jeans and a black t shirt.  I considered wearing a different shade of purple top but thought it would be "too much" with my bright blue vest.  2 bright colors are OK I think but I wouldn't want to do more than that.  The jeans have decent pockets which is a nice thing about thrift store jeans.  

I am eating walnuts and cheese for breakfast, will have italian sausage in tomato sauce with cheese before work.  Will have tuna salad on lunch.  Not sure what I will do for dinner.  I will probably need a granola bar on the way home to stave off low carb migraine.  I need about 30 carbs a day to prevent that.  I am down a little more to a straight 193.  Happy about that.  Cycle due anytime to a week from now we will see. 

About a 50% chance of rain today, a much higher chance tomorrow so I will stay home and watch Chicago Fire marathons.  I will do my cooking on Wednesday; I only have a 4 day week coming up and then 3 days off which I will TAKE.  Last week took a lot out of me with the split days off.  

I woke up a couple of times but otherwise slept OK.  That's it for now.  

PS Biscuit is moving around a lot better.  

No comments: