Monday, August 29, 2022

Sunday night and Monday morning

Work went OK (you know who was late again, but it didn't matter as I had planned to shop after work anyway).  I got logged out OK, went to the bathroom, got my stuff and a shopping cart, did my shopping.  I ended up getting ground sausage (always good with some cheese), full fat yogurt (they call it "whole milk" now as "fat" is still a bad word), sliced cheese, and some salami which sounded really good.  All of it on my eating plan.  I try to only bring wholesome foods home.  I did forget to buy the pork rinds.  That can wait until Thursday.  

I paid, loaded everything up.  It was funny I had my vest on while shopping as I prefer to wear it at the bus stop.  The bus driver then knows I am a responsible citizen and not a trouble maker.  So I had the vest, while I was shopping 3 people stopped me.  One guy wanted goat cheese.  I don't think we are a goat cheese kind of store but I directed him to dairy.  Another lady wanted vegan cheese.  I wanted to say "Oh, the processed oil?" but did not I actually know where the vegan "foods" are so I directed her.  And then as I was on my way out an old lady approached me and wanted to give a compliment to an associate.  I took her over to customer service (I was headed that way anyway) and pointed out the front end manager to her.  I made sure to tell her to start the conversation by saying she had a compliment.  Managers love those. We as a rule don't get a lot of compliments.  

I did not want to ride the bus home.  My stuff was heavier than normal and I just wasn't feeling the love.  It was after 4.  Traffic was heavy, I was tired, the vacant lot has uneven footing.  Lots of reasons.  So I bought a 20 ounce diet Dew and told myself I would get it when I got to the bus stop.  I put my cold items in the insulated bag I brought with the cold packs (I take food safety seriously), put my candy in the tote bag, put the insulated bag in the tote bag (candy for drivers of course), and slung the bag over my other shoulder.  I had the work bag on my left shoulder as usual.  I got to the bus stop and had my Mountain Dew.  I had just enough time to finish it before the bus came.  

Rides home were uneventful I missed my second bus by a few minutes so I had to wait a while.  But the  next bus came early and let me on early to sit in the AC so he was my best buddy.  I was glad I had candy for him.  I got off, marched across "my" vacant lot (when are they going to build the gas station?) and got home OK.  I have noticed the neighborhood (fenced) dogs bark more at me when their owners are home.  No mail to check so I went home and put away my cold stuff and washed my hands.  I always wash my hands after work and/or riding the bus.  Just seems smart.  I could tell you some stories of things people have done right in front of me that would make you vomit.  Always wash your hands when you come home, that's my rule.  

I had fed the cats a whole day of food when I left so they didn't care I was late.  I talked to my parents they are good.  My nephew comes today.  No more long talks this week but I am glad he makes them happy.  I went to bed early, it's my Friday night I can do what I want and I wanted to sleep.  I slept OK, woke up a few times and then with a headache around 6.  I took some Excedrin and laid back down.  The cats all laid down with me, they were very cute.  Spotty was curled up in my armpit meowing and purring.  I laid there for about half an hour until I felt better.  

I felt the cats had been so awesome they deserved an awesome breakfast, so I opened my last can of wet food for them.  They went nuts begging when they saw the foam plate in my hand, they know what that means.  It was a pate so it looked bad, but not as disgusting as the shreds in gravy (their favorite).  But they were quite happy and all ate off the same plate very companionably.  I did give them some dry after as Spotty is really a dry food man.  They are all loafing around on the floor now.  

Biscuit is going back for seconds.  It's a turkey based food, not fish, so OK for him to eat.  Fish proteins are very bad for male cats and will block them, I have found, so my cats only eat poultry protein.  

And when Biscuit graduates I will continue feeding Spotty the urinary formula.  As long as I have a male cat in the house... if it were just Cleo I would have her on Iams adult she likes that and her fur is a little nicer on it.  But she is OK on this.  

When I finish on the computer I will take my shower, do my God time, get dressed, get my hand cart ready.  I will be taking the cart.  The plan is to maybe go to the Dollar store and Burger King first, then Academy for the shoes, then hit the grocery store on my way home (it is literally on the way home to my house).  Then after I buy my groceries get back on the bus and go home.  

I had thought about just taking a cab home from the Academy but I would like to get the grocery store today if at all possible.  Saves me another day out on the bus.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: