Sunday, August 7, 2022

Work was crazy

Apparently we did very well in sales.  So they doubled down today on us working... it was mayhem.  I came in early (had been strongly suggested) and they said oh maybe they didn't need me till 11 I said OK I will watch TV in the breakroom till it is time to clock in.  2 minutes later she called me back telling me to punch in.  Just couldn't stand the thought of me lounging around...but boy did I earn the extra $20.  

I had difficult co worker trying to call the shots and I just did everything I was assigned and did it well.  They only had her come in for sales tax weekend so it is back to her on Thursday and Friday only.  Enough about her, I did my job and that's what matters.  

I got a text my pills were in (3 out of 4) so I swung by the pharmacy on my way out and picked them up, first bus was on time but the second bus broke down.  It is always a bad sign when the driver pulls over, not at a stop, reaches behind them to get the cell phone, gets off the bus with cell phone and schedule...a replacement bus came but the next bus also came so we (3 of us) got on that instead.  So it was two and a half hours getting home.  

I wore my new skinny jeans from the thrift store.  The tags are cut out, all of them, but the button at the top of the zipper says "Talbots" on it.  They are very nice and I like them a lot.  I think they cost me $7.  They actually fit not too tight or too loose.  They are a light wash denim.  I was worried the skinny leg would be hot but it isn't.  No more than regular jeans and my compression socks.  

Our department got pizza because we did very well in sales.  I had a slice of pepperoni, well, half of it and then I had the other half when I got home, tracked it in my app and still basically OK on hitting my macros.  The cats are good.  We are engaged in a battle of wills, they still have some food in the bowl.  They will get more food when they eat the old food.  And I am patient.  They eat too much anyway, supposed to get 1/2 cup a day but they cried all day and night on that, so I went up to 2/3.  They love that.  But it won't kill them to miss a meal.  

I work tomorrow but only 4 hours... of course it is longer with the bus.  I need to remember to buy bleach, and tuna, before I come home.  Other than that I am OK.  

I plan to wear the new jeans tomorrow, too.  I will try to get a photo.  They have a mid rise so you could see the elastic on my underwear I will have to tuck in whatever top I am wearing for the photo.  I wore a longer top today.  

Talked to Mom and Dad they are doing well.  

I worked out on the exercise bike while we talked.  

After I hung up Spotty got in my lap.  I think this is my new favorite photo of him.  


I have to go to bed, that's it for now.  


No comments: