Wednesday, August 3, 2022

High School Reunion

 I was very troubled in High School, frequently depressed, often suicidal, yet also driven to seek out people when I was manic.  My best friend remembered me as being "very quiet" which I was surprised to hear.  

They have had a couple reunions and in the planning process for another.  I never wanted to go to the reunions before because 1.  Money.  2.  I hate flying these days and 3.  I didn't exactly have a lot to brag about, I am making low income wages here self employed when they are all computer experts and finance kings...it was a very wealthy school but Dad didn't raise us like that.  Now I work a menial job at Walmart.  One that pays the bills but if there is another Walmart employee at the reunion he/she is probably a store manager or works for the district.  

So I won't be doing that.  One thing I would like is a reunion of my church youth group.  They were an awesome bunch of kids, very supportive.  But I would rather imagine them thinking I turned out better than I did.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband was a farmer who didn't have fancy clothes to go to a funeral. His dad told him, "it's not the clothes that matter but the man "in" the clothes". That really made an impact on him and me too.

Heather Knits said...

Ron had to buy a suit when we got married. We have cheap suit places in Houston like "Suits U" so we went to one of them and they took good care of him.

I don't have any formal wear at present. I have a couple of dresses that is about it.