Wednesday, August 10, 2022

After the nap

Well I figured out the mystery of the "ruined" jeans the other day, one of my containers had a crack in it.  All the other ones are washed out and soaking in a bleach solution (wash in hot soapy water, rinse in hot water, soak in bleach solution of 2 T bleach to one sink full of tepid water, that's what I learned in my food safety classes 20 years ago).  I haven't gotten sick out of it so must be doing it alright.  

When it's done soaking (I like to leave it in a half hour) I will let them air dry and then will cook up the sausage and portion it out.  Make a tuna salad for tomorrow and put everything in the fridge.  Then I'm done.  

I had a rather awkward nap.  I laid down in bed and Spotty and Biscuit joined me, it was very awkward in a twin bed.  I do plan to get some spray, pull out my bed and everything away from the walls, and spray the long acting pest killer in my bedroom which should "finish" the job.  I will of course banish the cats during the process, probably by luring them into the front room with a can of cat food and then shutting the bedroom door.  That won't happen for a while as it will be an involved job, I have a lot of storage under the bed and in my closet.  The current bed is OK but I do wake up with some stiffness in my hip sleeping in it.  I don't know if that is just me (but I am eating keto which cuts down on inflammation) or the bed.  Anyway I had both of them with me so it was crowded, they are big boys, but very sweet, and Spotty was purring.  

I don't know what I am doing for dinner, probably cheese melts.  Those are a corn tortilla laid flat and then I sprinkle about 1/4 cup shredded cheese, then nuke 30 seconds.  When it is done I fold it over.   I think it will work with my macros.  

Depression is at an OK level.  Not very motivated but able to do the dishes and all.  Like I said the cats are good.  I paid the electric bill, going to pay the gas bill, and still have $55 in my pocket to get me to next week.  I am a little foggy on what I make next payday but probably around $530.  

Schoolbuses keep driving by I guess school is back, as the commercial goes.  Oh, oops that's the garbage truck.  But I did hear/see a school bus earlier.  

I am going to let my containers air dry in about 10 minutes and then about an hour later I will fry up the sausage and get that all portioned out.  

I just hope it goes OK tomorrow at work.  

No comments: