Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Early Wednesday

 Yesterday went OK.  My third driver was thrilled I remembered he likes the strawberry filled candy; my fourth driver actually squealed with delight when I gave her the candy.  That was nice.  It is nice to share the gospel in a fun way.  

I remember a post by a pro life group outside of an abortion clinic, a woman had come in very pregnant wanting an abortion.  She already had 3 girls and had found out she was carrying twin girls and wanted an abortion on them at 7 months.  It was really ghastly for the group they did everything but she went through with it.  That would be devastating.  

Me, I hand out candy.  The worst I get is "No thanks".  or "I don't eat candy".  I fixed that with one driver and gave her a pouch of smoked chicken chunks!  And she took it!  With the booklet of course.  So I think I have the easier job in that.  

Dad and Mom went out of town to a favorite spot.  I am VERY GLAD they do this.  I did not get a lot of away time with Ron, and I regret that.  It was impossible of course at the end but we could have done it when he was well.  And I didn't, something always came up.  One of my regrets.  

You want to know the big one?  Ron was not a big one for kissing on the lips so I would kiss him on the forehead.  I wish I had given him one last kiss before they took him away.  

He used to scream when I did it, like I burned him.  It was pretty funny.  

So Mom and Dad called me later which was fine as I had today off.  And I've said I am not going to reject a call from someone I love because you don't know if that's going to be the last call.  They were having fun and are eating dinner out with friends today so they will call me "early" today.  I guess I will have the phone in my bedroom during my nap.  

I will need to do up my pills and also do some dishes.  I have italian sausage in tomato sauce, and a roast chicken, so I don't think I need to cook.  I don't plan to shop today so that means I have an extra $15ish I can also spend on food or rides.  

I also took the nice sheets off the bed and put the old ones on in case I have an issue with my upcoming cycle.  Spotty "helped", it was really funny I was looking all over for my pillow cases, couldn't find them and then I went to put my lint brush (I have to lint brush the cat hair off the sheets before washing) they were right next to it.  So I am set for pillow cases and I don't have to make the bed later.  It's all done. 

Trash pickup is coming I can hear the truck.  I saw a Roto Rooter truck so I think my neighbor with the cracked/leaking pipe finally called for help.  

I need to do my God Time and I will try and call my aunt later.  I also need to call the water district and get an idea of my  bill.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cute about Spotty. My dog "helps" me remake my bed.
He gets under the sheet and lays there. Will not come out until I give him a treat. LOL One of God's greatest blessings are our pets.

Heather Knits said...

My cats are perfect for me.

Anonymous said...

You're just wasting money and spoiling people with these goodies. You think slipping in your booklets is saving people the only thing it's doing is making you feel good.

What evangelists don't understand is we don't care what you believe but don't push it on us. I would never try to convert someone to my beliefs, I may have a conversation but that's it. I especially hate that you put bookets in Holloween candy. Let people raise their kids in their own family religious belief system. It's just not your business.

Heather Knits said...

I have had people specifically tell me they enjoyed the booklet and encourage me to keep handing them out. It is obvious from the titles what they are people can always throw them out the way I do JW literature if I ever get it.

Halloween candy not stopping that have been doing this for a good 15 years at least. The booklet does come with a full sized Snickers bar. I have never had a complaint. Worst I have gotten someone dumped their booklet on the sidewalk at the corner some years back, and someone else picked it up a day or two later.