Saturday, August 6, 2022

Saturday

Thank God I had a ride to work, but the driver's cologne almost got me on the way!  

I put the migraine to bed with two maple glazed donuts and a couple of Excedrin.  I was able to work.  It was not as busy as I anticipated.  I hope that doesn't mean they will cut my hours.  I took the bus home, the traffic was so bad (people were out there shopping, just not at our store) my bus was about 15 minutes late which meant I made it home half an hour late.  But I made it.  

I was going to consider sleeping in my bed tonight but saw an ant in my bed.  This is very frustrating.  Monday after work I will look around the garden center and see what they have to kill ants, some sort of interior long acting spray.  

I went over my macros on my plan today but a couple of co workers commented on the weight loss, one lady had been gone for a while, came back, made an immediate comment which I thought was sweet.  Other than the oatmeal first thing and then the donuts, I ate on plan.  I don't know if my carbs got too low or something else but since I ate over 100 carbs today I don't think I need to worry about tomorrow morning.  

The cats are good.  I finished the first large bag of food and will open the second tomorrow.  The 3 of them don't eat much.  

Mood has been OK considering.  Anxiety is sniffing around but I don't have to give it a foothold.  

I did do my God Time this morning, glad about that even though I felt ghastly.  That's the worst migraine I had in a while.  I came pretty close to vomiting which is only saved for the special ones.  

That's it for now.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please find something non toxic to cats.

Heather Knits said...

That's the plan. I am getting 100% of my physical affection from the cats it would be pretty dumb to kill them.

Anonymous said...

Blows my mind how you can eat 100 carbs and lose weight. I know you from Atkins and RR. That's maintenance level carbs and I don't dare eat donuts.
I'm only eating carbs at my evening meal such as a burger and fries but not even that high most nights.

Heidi said...

Hi there i am so excited to be able to comment it has been ages I am just catching up.

Heather Knits said...

I don't get it either. My body just likes this plan. I feel good and it is nice to eat "real" food now and then. Today work bought us pizza because we did well in sales, I had a slice and didn't go off plan. Do I want more? No.

A good tracking app is vital and I really like Carb Manager. I am happy to shill for them a bit as I have lost over 10 pounds since I downloaded the app.


Biscuit is in my lap purring. I wish I could get him to slim down, I'm not going to have him a long time because he's a meaty boy. Bubba only made it to 10 and Biscuit is 8. :(

Heather Knits said...

Heidi, only a few mean comments which I have deleted.

Anonymous said...

For me to use the app I would probably need to know my weight, right?
I don't have a scale on purpose because I get obsessed.

Heather Knits said...

I don't think you need your weight. What I would do is get a tape measure and track that way, I have in the past. For instance my waist went from 46 inches down to 40.5 in the last couple years; my clothes have shrunk as well, clearly I could tell I was losing from that.

But it is a really good and fast way to track macros I love the scan feature (available with free option). I can just zap something and tell it how many servings. PUtting in the pizza from the other day was easy too. They already had a 1 slice serving so I said yeah one of those.

Worst case get the tape measure and a little notebook (plenty of them now with back to school) and and log that way. You will be glad you knew your all time high, one day. I wish I knew mine. Tape measure is only a dollar or two.

What has been surprising to me my waist has been very stubborn I think it is a case of meno(pause) belly. I can lose pretty easy off my hips but the belly has been a lot more stubborn.

I don't measure anything else unless my bras didn't start fitting. If that happens I will measure and then go down a size if needed. For some reason I actually have a good collection of size smaller bras. I don't think I will go down beyond that when I get to goal I am only 26 pounds away.