Sunday, July 31, 2022

196.8

Work was interesting.  I have a couple of middle managers over me (those are the ones have had the problem) and a "big fish" manager over them.  Last I saw the big fish he was smiling at me so I think I'm OK there.  

Anyway yesterday boss was running around yelling at everyone.  I mean no one could do anything right yesterday.  So when she got to me I didn't take it personally.  What I didn't like she told me to do one thing, before I finished it go work on another.  Two half finished jobs?  Not how I would have done it...But it was only 4 hours so not too bad.  

Came home on the bus.  There was a "homeless" (but hair freshly died and well overweight) woman at the bus stop was spitting a lot, yelling and crying, back to normal and spitting again, I ignored her.  Unfortunately she did get on the bus but did not sit near me.  My first bus was over 10 minutes late so I figured I would be getting home at 5:30.  BUT she floored it at the end of the route and got to the transit center in time I could make my connection.  

I also suspect my last driver waited for my bus to pull in so I could transfer.  I don't have any proof.  He also did nice things like pull up farther from the bus stop so I had less walking when I got off, etc, very nice man.  I hope he has a great life with someone who adores him and a couple of lively kids.  He deserves it.  I got off and walked home.  

I saw a total of 3 broken, leaking, pipes on my way home so it's not just my problem.  My repair is holding, happily, I just had a very nice shower.  

I slept OK and got up with a headache, took some Excedrin.  I had some digestive upset and almost did something unspeakable to Biscuit when I stepped over him on my way to the bathroom.  He has such nice white fur and we managed to keep it that way... but I did need that shower.  Not sure what was behind that.  

BUT when I got up I was 196.8.  That is 4 pounds in a week.  I am pretty happy.  Dad is thrilled.  He worries about me, and I have a lot of risk factors, I carry all my weight in my middle, family history of heart trouble, etc.  My birth mother died of a heart attack the same kind killed Ron.  

My blood sugar and blood pressure are good, though, I did check that today.  Last night, 2 hours after I ate, my blood sugar was 100 that is perfect.  I am not diabetic and I want to keep it that way.  I just don't want to be one of those obese (according to the charts I am obese) struggling people gasping for breath, red faced, everything is a huge effort, people.  My joints are OK and I want to keep them that way.  I have to earn a living on my legs and feet working retail.  

And don't get me wrong I love working retail and 99.8% of the time I love my customers.  I enjoy the contact.  It's not commonly done to admit that but there it is. 

What I don't get; tax free weekend is coming up.  It is going to be very, very, busy if last year is any indicator.  And they have me working two five hour shifts and two four hour shifts that whole weekend.  I would think it would be an "all hands on deck" situation but apparently not.  

The smart parents are shopping now.  All the good stuff will be picked over in 2 weeks.  One mother complained last year that all the girls pants were skinny cut and she did not want her daughter in tight jeans... but that's all we had.  It just goes to society sexualizing little girls.  I didn't say that of course but I feel bad for mothers who want their girls in modest outfits, it's going to be hard.  

Oh I forgot I have a photo for you.  


I am not good at Selfies but hopefully you get the idea.  I always manage to get my finger in the photo every time.  Those are my size 20 jeans I took that on Friday.  I clip my ponytail up on the back of my head when I'm working so it doesn't get in the way, it also helps when I am carrying my bag I'm not crushing my hair under the straps..

I just had a thought.  Ron used to live with a woman who had a guide dog and he helped her with things like buying the dog food.  When he began gaining weight back in the early 2000's (he got up to about 250 before the accident), he said carrying the extra weight was like carrying a big sack of dog food and it made everything harder for him.  I just had the thought I have lost a 50 pound bag of dog food since last year.  (244-196=48)  That's a lot of dog food!  Ron is thrilled, I'm sure.  

I could have so easily went the other way and gained a lot of weight with emotional eating after he died, but I was adamant I would not let that happen.  And I realized that eating junk was not going to make me feel better.  God gave me what I needed.  I feel a lot better.  

It helped figuring out what I can eat to actually stay full when I'm done, as eating the carby stuff just makes me ravenous in 20 minutes, getting rid of aspartame and caffeine, etc.  All good tools in my belt.  

I need to figure out what I want to buy at work today because I'm not going back on my days off.  I know for sure I want to get some more tuna.  Not a lot just a couple of cans.  I plan to get some more Q tips at the dollar store.  Last I saw they had a big bag for $1.29.  I am a waxer, I make a lot of ear wax, so I need to root it all out after my shower every morning or my ears get clogged.  

That's it for now going to go do my God time.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could never tuck in my shirt, I'm always hiding under vests. You look good and should have no trouble finding another job.
Has the big boss been there a lot lately? I suspect that's why your managers are putting their stress on you.

Heather Knits said...

Well I think the issue you have team lead, directly over me. They are the 2 have had issues.
There is a "coach" over them and he is fine with me, last time I saw him he was smiling at me as I worked, store manager seems to like me just fine ... farther up the food chain is a district manager all the team leads are afraid of so I think that's the motivation there.