Saturday, August 6, 2022

Woke up with a migraine!

Work was OK last night.  I did everything they wanted.  I developed a bad headache about the time I got home and figured it was related to the fact I only had 3 grams of carbs yesterday; that's just how it worked out.  I had a little honey in some tea hoping that would help but it did not.  I did manage to get to sleep.  I woke up with a very nasty migraine.  I took some Excedrin and had a hard time waiting for that to kick in.  Had a case of the sweats and some nice dry heaves over my bucket, but got through that.  I don't feel I can call in as it is tax free weekend.  Any other weekend I would have done it but not today.  

I am going to have some oatmeal in case it is "keto flu".  I need to be functional today.  

Admittedly, I will only make $50 but I want my boss to see me as reliable.  I have a co worker wants my hours.  They are scheduling me from 11-5 Thursday and Friday, her from 5-10.  She wants my shift.  She put in a swap request which I denied, basically she asks to swap, I said no.  She did this several times with several different shifts, I said no every time.  Yesterday at work she was complaining about it and felt she should get my shift because she has been with the company longer.  She thinks if she wants my shifts she should get them and kept threatening to go to HR and "get" them.  They will say no of course.  She has a lot of restrictions on what she can and cannot do.  I do not have restrictions, but I have to show I am reliable right now which is why I can't call in.  She was also doing a lot of complaining with another employee about "how all the new people get the good hours".  No, I put in the hours I COULD work when I applied and they are working with those hours.  She could always change her availability if she wanted but from my understanding she only has herself down to work Thursday and Friday only.  I have 7 day's availability.  Between us I prefer Tuesday-Wednesday off which I usually get anyway although I do have split days off coming up in a couple of weeks, still 2 days just not together.  But not a big shift in between so it's fine. 

Office politics I guess.  I have to fight for what I have.  I am feeling better though.  I am going to eat my oatmeal and take a shower. 

 Feeling a little better; even used hair conditioner and shaved while I was in there.  I found some powerade packets so I am having one of those, it can't hurt.  My hair was sweaty so I was glad I did take a shower, not that it was optional at any rate.  When I am out riding the bus in the summer I have to take a shower every day.  

I still plan to have my donuts today.  I am debating whether I want to bring my tuna.  I am leaning towards a "no" on that.  I put in for my refills on medication so they may be in today, if so I will pick them up after work which will bump me later on my bus ride home.  But that is OK saves me fare money if I took a cab to get them.  And I will be good for 3 months which is great.  

I feel like I'm going to live; but I will be bringing more Excedrin to work if I need it.  That's it for now.  

No comments: