Sunday, August 28, 2022

Sunday morning

I am having a hard time getting up this morning.  My parents called me a little later which I understand as they are navigating elder care issues for my step grandmother from afar.  She is happy with her caregivers, though.  

My nephew visits starting Monday so I don't think I'll hear much from them the next week.  Which is fine I want them to be happy and he makes them very happy.   

Cleo, on the other hand, is not happy.  She threw up one time yesterday and once last night.  This morning I got the Laxatone and acted like I was giving her a treat, put some down for her.  She rejected it.  I believe she has a hairball as she never vomits.  She is acting otherwise normal.  I got the petroleum jelly.  I have given it to cats before and it is an ingredient in the Laxatone.  I had to chase her around before I managed to smear some on her mouth (she will lick it off and ingest it) but she is very upset with me.  She did not try to bite or scratch but she was evading!  And I believe she is under the bed now.  

It has been my experience a dose of the jelly will produce the hairball in the litter box in about 12 hours so I should see it when I come home.  I just want her to feel OK and a big wad of hair in your stomach has got to suck.  It has been so hot and the cats have been shedding like crazy so that is my #1 guess.  

I wonder how long it will be before she forgives me.  It was funny, Biscuit was just laying there on the floor watching the show he wasn't worried one bit.  He has always been great about taking medicine.  And there he goes in the box!  Good boy!  I am glad his problem doesn't cause a problem with that.  

I haven't seen Spotty I think he is outside.  He's a good boy I'm not worried.  

After work I plan to do some food shopping because I will already be at the store and it's a 2 hour ride on the bus.  Better to get it after work and lug it home on the bus.  I have some ice and an insulated tote bag so I'll be fine.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: