Friday, August 12, 2022

Friday morning

Ride to work was pretty uneventful.  I had no problems getting across my busy intersection near the house, got the first bus, second bus.  Last bus put in a request for strawberry filled candy next time which I will do.  He also mentioned some traffic lights were out.  I looked and all the lights near my store were fine.  

I got to work and God dealt with my issue.  I should be fine for a while.  The other lady did bring some sort of bribe in to HR so that will be interesting to see the results.  I will know Saturday when the new schedule comes in.  I was told by a friend that had I worked at a union shop the other woman could have taken my schedule.  So I guess I am glad I'm not at a union shop.  

The actual work day was busy enough to make the time pass but not so crazy I didn't get a break.  

So all done with work and I head out, I notice traffic is unusually heavy.  And lo and behold the traffic light is out where I need to cross.  Very frustrating.  I didn't think I could have gotten on the bus on my side of the street and ridden it around... I went back to the store and called a cab.  He was happy to come.  So that will be my plan B if it is still out today, ride it around to the end of the line and loop back.  It will likely add another hour onto my ride home but it will save me $20.  Here's to hoping they get it fixed, or have already.  

I can't depend on anything not even a traffic light, but I can always lean on God.  Good thing.  So I got home around 6 and called my parents.  I will tell them I will have to call later today depending on my commute because I don't want to talk to them on the city bus.  

I decided to take a chance and sleep in my "real" bed last night and that worked very well.  It was a little odd adjusting to the bed again but once I did that I slept great.  I still feel tired but I only woke up once and my hip does not hurt.  Cleo was happy to see me "back", Spotty was disappointed I left "his" bed but we will always have my God Time (I sit on Ron's bed when I do my God Time).  

I am going to start getting ready.  I woke up with a headache but it went away on it's own.  Weight is still around 197 so just hanging in there.  I did get a double cheeseburger yesterday after work which put me over on some macros but not on my carbs. 

Yesterday I was really hungry at work after I ate my breakfast still not sure what that was.  I didn't have any aspartame or caffeine in the immediate vicinity of that so not sure.  

Supposed to rain again today so we will see what happens.  I hope I don't have to pay for another ride as that gets expensive.  I plan to pay the gas bill when I get to work if at all possible I would rather get that off my mind.  

All my neighbors are leaving for work, I am glad I am not sleeping in today as I couldn't with all these big diesel "man trucks" roaring about.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: