Friday, August 26, 2022

It is my own fault

The store did not have the regular granola bars so I got some generic version of a hipster "two ingredient" granola bar with dates and cashew.  It was pretty good but I woke up with a headache today.  What I will do with the other 4 bars?  Give them away maybe?  I don't know.  I'm not eating them.  

The new drivers really enjoy the candy bags and exclaim excitedly over them.  I am also pretty sure one driver was flirting with me last night?  He was about 5 years younger than me.  He took me home.  I rang the bell and got off, made my usual joke about him "taking a turn (off the route)" to drop me at the house.  He said he might.  I said that was OK laughing and he said seriously he would not mind.  Was that a flirt?  I am so bad at this stuff.  I said that was OK again I needed the exercise or something and left.  

I am not ready to think about a man just yet.  I do fine with my drivers because the lines are very clear and there is no expectation of anything beyond paying $20 for a ride.  But anything past that I feel clueless.  

Kind of like I did as a teen with makeup.  It was so confusing I just gave up and don't wear it to this day.  But I guess some men are into the "clean" look.  I do have that age spot on my forehead but it doesn't bother me.  If I had really good health insurance and didn't work I might get it fried off.  I know I do have some moles that need to come off... but I am not in a rush.  

Some women were talking at work last night about the injury program and our version of Worker's Comp, and they felt it was terrible.  I have not had a job injury so it doesn't matter.  Probably the worst thing to happen to me the last 20 years somehow I cut my leg on a screw in a snack machine and I was bleeding pretty good, it was running down my leg into my sock.  I put some black pepper on it to make it clot.  It worked.  I did not get an infection like everyone said I would.  It healed up with no scar.  That was it.  Ron bashed his head once on our 3 shelf cart and probably could have used a few stitches but I doctored him up and he was OK.  He did not want to go to the ER.  The main concern for me was cleaning up all the blood before management came through.  

I didn't care about touching his blood because we were married and I had "contact" anyway.  But anyone else's blood I am very careful.  

So I woke up this morning with a headache.  I took some Excedrin and went back to bed (not time to wake up yet).  Cleo got in my bed when the alarm went off, I hit the snooze a few times and we had a nice snuggle.  She is very loving when I am in bed.  Biscuit was in the hall watching us when I finally did get up, and he took me to the food bowl.  

I got in big trouble with the cats last night.  I had only given them one cup of food, not two.  I forgot.  Spotty had a lot to say about the service.  So I made sure to give them 2 cups today.  I will likely get home 7-7:30 PM so that's a long time for them.  

I got home fine last night.  The light works well enough at work to get me across the busy street.  The bus came pretty quick, too.  After I clocked out I went to the bathroom, filled up my water bottle, etc. and still had time to get out there.  

I think it is a feature of "peak hours".  Our bus service has peak hours morning and evening where the buses run more often.  5 PM was right at the tail end of that.  

I am wearing an older pair of jeans today, I wore them yesterday too.  They say they are a 20W and have fit me very well the last 4 months or so.  I have lost a little "inch" in my waist and hips but they still fit.  My cycle is due pretty soon so I need pockets to carry my stuff, I need a dark wash for obvious reasons, I need something that fits comfortably.  The jeans check all the boxes for that.  If my body performs as expected I will have the cycle on Sunday.  But premenopause it's anyone's guess so I go prepared every day.  

My shoes have decided to all crap out at once.  My feet have been very unhappy the last day or so.  I plan to go to Academy next week on one of my days off and get some new shoes.  I will probably take the bus there and then take a cab home.  I don't want to get robbed on my way home.  I am just asking God to extend my shoes until I can get the new pair.  It is obvious I need to get new ones.  And they had a really good run almost 10 months on my feet constantly that is pretty good.  

I will donate my old shoes as old shoes are better than no shoes for someone.  I use foot powder and such so the shoes don't stink.  

I need to make my tuna for my break and then I will take my shower.   Done that, packed my lunch, just need to fill water bottle, do up "candy" (those granola bars), get dressed not in that order.  

Biscuit was playing with Spotty a minute ago so I feel good about my decision to keep him home.  

I am feeling unmotivated today.  Once I get going I will be fine.  It's the borderline between apathy and depression.  I did take my antidepressant.  

I took my PM pills with me to work yesterday and took them on my break with my tuna, around 3 PM and that worked fine.  I will do that again today.  

I just wish I could sleep better at night.  I am being careful with my caffeine.  Tonight I actually get 8 hours as I am paying for a ride to work on Saturday morning.  It is too hard to get home late on Friday take a nap and then go to work on Saturday morning.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: