Tuesday, August 30, 2022

I had a decent nap with Cleo

She loves to get in bed with me.  

I woke up with a headache, got up and took something.  When it kicked in I got on the exercise bike.  I embarrassed to admit (but have a 100% honesty policy in my blog) that I tried doing some squats recently and could only do about 6 of them with a 10 pound weight.  I am working on that.  I did 7, yesterday, but feeling it today.  I also did some kettle bell swings with a 15 pound weight which may have contributed to today's soreness/stiffness.  I don't want to be feeble when I go see my parents so I am working on this.  It is no good to lose a lot of weight if I am physically weak and out of shape.  

So I got my new shoes on (the $30 gray ones) and got on the exercise bike.  I did about 30 minutes with an additional warmup and cooldown.  Heart rate was right in the cardio zone, I felt strong, dripped sweat on the floor under the bike.  I freshened up with a wet washcloth after it was mainly my arms and face were sweaty.  

Then I had some Salami and cheese for dinner.  I will have some greens later if they are still good.  

My parents said they would call later so who knows when that is.  We will see.  

It was thundering and very cloudy around the house for some time and then rained.  I have to check the mail in a little bit but that's it.  Today is my rest day (except for the exercise bike and the laundry).  My aunt would say the weather precipitated my headache.  But carbs are pretty low for the day, too and that can contribute.  

Mood is better done with my pity party.  It isn't, really, I have a process to go through if I EVER hope to have a healthy love relationship in the future.  God is making me stronger through all this.  It was safe to say I was/am a pleaser and I don't like saying no or setting boundaries, but God is working with me on that.  

No comments: