Monday, August 8, 2022

Monday morning but really my Friday

 I did not sleep as well as I would have liked but feel like I got some quality of sleep.  

Some issues of concern: are bosses happy with my work and value what I am doing?  Is co worker coming in today (I don't think so?)?  Is she going to go through with her threat to show up for MY shift on Thursday and Friday and "take" it, forcing me to work the night shift?  Personnel did not schedule it that way...When will she accept the schedule as written?  It is not bad hours for her only 5 hours and done not even working to midnight.  But they have me working 11:30-5 Thursday and Friday for weeks to come and the sooner she accepts it, the better.  Besides it is better for her I will be there with both bosses but they will be leaving right after she shows up if she works it as written.  And who is feeding Biscuit?  What are they feeding him?  Because my cats are not eating all their food so someone is feeding them.  Biscuit seems fine but he has a special diet so that could be a problem.  

It is probably the new neighbor feeding Biscuit.  Someone moved in a couple of houses down, last month.  Worst case I could visit them with a bag of the "good" food and ask them to please feed that instead (give them the bag if they are in fact feeding the cats).  

So some issues of concern.  Also the usual will the app work, will I have other tools I need at work?  Will I get hassled at bus stop or on the bus?  Will I turn my ankle walking across that vacant lot 2x?  (going to, and from, work)  If I buy that little thing of bleach after work will it leak on my way home?  I do need the bleach but don't want to ante up $20 for a ride home if I can avoid it... but I am thinking the bleach ought to be secure if I tie it up in a plastic bag?  Lots to worry about if I let it but I can't do that.  God does not want me consumed by worry.  

I am going to go make my tuna and then take a shower (note the sequence, that way I can wash off any tuna juice that gets me in the preparation process).  Done with the tuna, killed the squeeze bottle of mayo.  It is really astounding how much fat I eat but I feel so much better eating this way.  I am losing weight and getting healthy enough co workers are noticing.  Our employee vests are extremely unflattering, they come just below the hips, so you don't see any "figure" at all just the blue vest.  I guess they are seeing the weight loss in my face?  Because they can't see waist and hips.  Speaking of hips the vest is fitting a lot better now I don't have to yank it into place like I did the last couple months.  It is a little tight because I have stuff in my pockets but appropriate now, I think.  I am glad I did not get the 2X even though they did not have any in stock.  It was either a 3X or a XL so I went with the XL.  The 3X would have been falling off me...  

Now going to take my shower...did that and my God Time, feel better after that.  Also made a short list of things to buy today, I am already going in I might as well get my trash bags and all.  Hopefully it will not be too heavy on my ride home.  

I believe school starts today.  Not my local district, apparently.  I have some time on that.  I am glad I am crossing at the light as those Mommy track parents are reckless driving taking their kids to school, going down the main street at a high rate of speed making it unsafe to cross.  I don't know how she did it but my adoptive Mom had us at the bus stop on time every day for school.  And there were 4 of us.  After we moved to CA she had us in a carpool for a while that was OK but some of the other kids took their sweet time coming out to the car.  

I was just taught you are ready early and you never, ever, keep a person waiting.  That would be a deal killer for me dating if he was tardy.  I have (another) co worker does that.  She comes to work on time but spends 15 minutes yakking in the back, fooling around with her locker, goes to the bathroom AFTER clocking in, etc. and never comes out on time.  Which means I miss the first bus every time.  And I am there at least an hour early every day and I ride the bus... I don't get it.  If you hate your job so much get another one but don't punish your coworker.  I clock in 5 minutes early every day too.  They are OK with that, 5 minutes early both ways, if I can.  

I may need to download Malware bytes.  I am having problems with my computer.  I type and the words either do not appear at all or they are appearing late which means something is intercepting the text.  I think I will do that tomorrow I don't need a worm on my hard drive.  At some point I need to upgrade this computer but it is OK for now.  I mainly use this computer for blogging and a message board so it isn't vital.  

I have about 45 minutes to go I will get dressed now. Happily this week I have 2 days off in a row, next week they are split.  :(  Not crazy about that.  

I need to figure out what I am doing on my days off... I plan to take one day to relax and then likely Wednesday for meal prep, dishes, cleaning and cooking.  So tomorrow will just be laundry and tonight I will try sleeping in my "real" bed tonight and see if the ants are gone.  If not I will just order some spray off Amazon that will come quick.  

Yesterday when I came home my small container of bleach had been knocked out of the cabinet so the boy cats are still sleeping in there.  They enter by the trash can and take a right where the two cabinets (under sink and corner) join up, the plumber had to cut a hole in it to do the re pipe.  So there's a nice big hole for a cat and then I put a cat bed in there to make it even more inviting, and I just don't store much in that cabinet.  I am glad they enjoy it.  

Tomorrow I just need to pay my electric bill.  I will pay the gas on Thursday.  

That's it for now... 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you didnt let your cats wander the neighborhood you wouldnt have to worry about it. It is very dangerous for them to roam free. You still dont know really what happened to baby girl. Not to mention i think It was bubba that got hit by a car.

Heather Knits said...

Bubba had heart failure, he collapsed on the floor crying and panting, took him to emergency vet, they said he had heart failure we can put a needle in his heart and give him a couple weeks but I said put him down, he wouldn't want that. Vet agreed, she was petting him so much during his graduation I could hardly get a hand in.

Frosty died of complications from FLUTD, I thought I could wait overnight to take him to the vet but when he got there he was in kidney failure and there was only one thing to do.

I am convinced Baby Girl and Torbie grieved themselves to death, they really missed Ron.

Gravy was either hit by a car or attacked by a dog my vote was the dog. His leg was broken so badly I would have had to amputate if I hadn't put him down. Every amputee I know had severe chronic ongoing pain and I did not want that for Gravy.

Shadow had breast cancer (Ron's cat at time of accident). That covers everyone who died the last 20 years.

Anonymous said...

The point you are missing is that after what happened to Gravy you swore you would never let your cats out to roam the neighborhood. That's why you built the catio but for some reason even before Ron died you refused to get it fixed so the cats could go out in the catio but still be safe. I don't get it.

Heather Knits said...

Cats did a jail break on the catio it needs a major remodel with chain link fencing. I work part time at Walmart. I have nothing against confining them to the catio I will just have to spend a lot of money I don't have. The cats are very careful and mainly hang out in the backyard. Business was very poor the last several years when we had the vending business so I couldn't do it then, either.