Thursday, August 4, 2022

Thursday morning

I went to bed early, slept 9 hours, woke up still tired.  I did have a sweet lump of Calico Sugar in my bed.  Lots of petting for her, purring for me, good times until I got up and fed her.  She is so cute.  I also saw a little bit of Biscuit but not much.  I don't know what Spotty is up to.  

Work today.  I don't think it will be awfully busy (not like tomorrow!) but it should be livelier than usual.  I need to run to the bank before work and also need to do some shopping (mainly cat food and perhaps tuna, and some lemon pepper).  I should have a ride home tonight so I don't want to miss that opportunity to take home heavier things, ESPECIALLY as I will not be working nights next week and will not "need" a ride home.  I am happy about that as I don't know my electric bill yet.  I am budgeting $200 for now if it is too much I can just stick it back in "my" budget but I don't want to be caught short.  

I have a much harder time giving up "my" money to expenses than I have just taking it out before it gets to me.  And I should have enough.  The AC does not run that much considering the heat index.  I have the thermostat set to 85 as well.  Last time it was $140 and it was about as hot as it is now.  So I feel pretty confident.  

I also, if they have it, plan to get a bag of the cat food.  It is convenient to pick it up at work if I have a ride.  Operative term, if I have a ride. I would not want to lug it on the bus.  

I have $6 left out of my last budget so I will get a couple of double cheeseburgers today, one for lunch, one for dinner, makes meal prep easy.  I only work 7 hours tonight.  I had a protein shake with a spoonful of coconut oil for breakfast.  I plan to cook up a pound of sausage tomorrow morning and take some for my dinner tomorrow.  Also make some tuna.  I washed and sanitized all my little containers so I am ready to go.  

Enough about work, I slept OK, I did wake up several times but I think overall length of sleep compensated for it.  I need to take a shower, do my God Time, get dressed.  It will be very odd doing this all on a different schedule next week, they have me going in early 2 weeks in a row so not sure if it is "new normal" or just temporary.  Could be the other girl is taking some vacation time.  And there I am back to talking about work...

I may look through my tote bag and prune out anything I think I don't need for work.  I do plan to keep the umbrella even though it has been very dry.  I would like to lighten it up a bit.  It can get pretty heavy.  

I also need to do up candy for my rides to work.  There is, apparently, a candy shortage which makes sense as I have had a hard time finding even peppermints.  I have "some" right now and that is all I need.  But I will look today as I will have that ride home (my bag is going to be very heavy if I get everything on the list!).  

That's it for now, I will post more before I leave.  

Took my shower, did my upper lip treatment.  I got a lot of crud off the upper lip I am glad I did it.  There was a notoriously difficult Metrolift client we rode with off and on for years.  Ron called her "The Mustache lady" and everyone knew who he meant.  I don't want to be the mustache lady.  I did get some shampoo in my eye that was not fun but that was the worst part.  I also used the whitening toothpaste so my smile looks good.  

I just need to work up my list of things I need to do and buy before I start work.  I will call Jack in about an hour and confirm we are on for tonight.  I am curious how long the whole getting off at 5 PM thing will last (starts next week).  Will it be permanent?  We will see.  That's going to impact things.  I also need to remember to bring my lunch bag I have forgotten it a few times.  And go through my regular tote bag when I get a minute.  

I did my God Time but did put on a little perfume so I will wait a while before I do the candy.   Candy is done.  My pockets are filled (I carry a lot in my pockets from keys to stun gun).  I dropped my watch putting it on but it is OK.  I am fond of my little $8 watch it has served me well.  I still have an hour before I need to leave the house.  

I am wearing size 20 jeans that fit well today.  I got them at the thrift shop a few weeks ago, they are hot pink and I was a little reluctant to wear them until I finished my cycle but that is done.  I have a window to wear the fun stuff before I have to go back to the dark blue and black things.  

I will need to have a fitting party with some of my existing jeans and see if they are too big for me now, if so put them in the garage.  I will probably do that this weekend.  If not then Tuesday because I have Tuesday off.  

OK I need to get ready to head out.  I like to talk to God a little before I head out.  I feel it makes for a better day.  

That's it for now (jeans still very comfortable).  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My power is out and I just took a "shower" pouring a gallon jug of room temperature water over my head to wash my hair. Didn't get much in my eye luckily. I tried to hold out but they're saying it'll be restored tomorrow at 5 pm and it's HUMID in Michigan today.

Heather Knits said...

Ugh! Sympathy! The other ones I hate are no flush and no hand washing. I'll be praying for a quick fix and no repeats of the problem.

Other readers: always a good idea to have at least 5 gallons of water on hand at any given time in addition to a case or two of bottled water. Sounds like that reader was smart and had it on hand...