Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Tuesday morning

 Well no weight loss last night but not a bad night's sleep. I slept a lot actually.  

It was great I saw my aunt I got to hit two grocery stores and a bakery.  Not bad.  

I have come up for an alternate use for the whipping cream, I am going to put it in coffee vs. use the mixers and the protein powder, it was not as good as I remember.  It is good in the coffee and I like a little caffeine every day anyway.  75 ml cream to 12 ounces coffee seems to be a good match.  And I remembered to take my antidepressant so yay me.  I did up my pills last night so no screw ups, I have the pills of the week for that.  

And how frustrating to find I STILL have ants in the master bedroom!  I need the neighbors to go out so I can spread some poison.  I am "decent" so I can run out at a minute's notice.  I also need to get rid of my defective water jug.  I think I will put it in the recycle.  

In the meantime Ron's room is comfortable enough for me.  

So today I need to do dishes, and I need to do laundry.  I get paid tomorrow, I plan to run out to the dollar store and have a little fun (with the cash I have on hand not with my pay).  I HAVE to assume I will have a large electric bill so I plan to save $200 if at all possible out of my pay for that, I only need 3 rides this pay period instead of six as they changed my hours, and I can certainly ride the bus to work both ways if I work 11-5.  I do plan to hang onto some extra cash, and pack lunches, because I believe some of my coworkers are going to flake on working tax free weekend and they may ask me to help.  I want to be able to say "Yes" if it comes to that.  Both the other girls I am thinking about have a proven record of calling out when it gets rough and it will be rough this upcoming weekend.  It's not just being helpful I need the money as well, they have cut my hours somewhat.  

I wouldn't care so much about that but my electric bill is up, and I don't have the Go Fund Me this year.  I have to be smart.  Enough about work.  

I did sleep well last night.  I was able to go to 2 grocery stores and a bakery yesterday which was nice, that would have taken forever on a bus.  That saved me a day of traveling basically.  I just went to the thrift store so I didn't feel like I had to go.  Today I plan to relax except for the dishes and laundry.  

Correction, I saw the neighbors were gone so I did the poison all along the property line.  Their gate latched behind me, if it had been my gate I would have been in trouble, but they had an escape latch.  I did get everything along the property line.  I should be good for 4 months now.  Unfortunately I got it after their sprinkler had gone off but I think they do it twice a day.  I know they have cameras but it was very obvious what I was doing.  And it benefits them, too.  His latest addition has taken up so much of the back yard there is no room for the kids to play anymore, I noticed recently the oldest was taking the two younger boys (about 14 and 12) to the park carrying a soccer ball.  Good.  I was pretty sick of them kicking it into the side of my house.  I actually had Ron call the non emergency line and have them send a Spanish speaker to the house to explain they could not kick the ball into my house and they have been pretty good about it.  I knew they wouldn't receive it from anyone but the police.  

The Mom only speaks Spanish which means she immigrated, she has a license but I kind of doubt her status... but with 6 kids they are not deporting her.  It is frustrating when I want to do something like sprinkle ant bait it would have been nice to bang on the door and say "Excuse me but..." and get it done with permission, rather than sneaking around like a criminal.  But I got it done.  

Good I am sick of the little bastards biting me.  My house is completely encircled with the nastiest stuff on the market so hopefully that will do the trick.  I wore my rubber gloves for that.  

I still had some left.  This is going to sound strange and probably "gross" but for the homecare stuff with Ron I preferred not to wear gloves, it was easier to do the task without the gloves.  If he had been anyone else I would have but we lived together loved together, we had already been exposed to each other's germs.  So I have a box and a half, good for things like ant bait.  I wasn't kidding about this stuff it is VERY nasty.  

I keep forgetting to wear gloves on the bus I hope I don't catch something.  My second route has the "freaks and geeks" and a lot of very unsanitary people.  It is on a busy road and a lot of "homeless" beg on it and then ride the bus back to their flop.  Many of them have nasty, wet, coughs.  Many pick their noses and then wipe the boogers on the handrails and the buttons you press for the next stop.  It is nauseating when I think of it.  But I am not in the habit.  

While I was outside I went ahead and watered my plants and the foundation around the south side of the house, where I get the gaps during bad droughts.  I did not use the soaker hose the regular hose did a better job, I felt.  If I am not happy with how it looks in a few days I can always run the soaker hose next week.  I need to do some research on that.  

I also need to figure out summer squash recipes.  I am thinking to slice them and dip them in Italian dressing.  I think that would be good.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: