Thursday, August 11, 2022

Thursday morning

I found it VERY interesting my cell phone said I had 100% chance of rain, and as I talked to my parents the thunderstorms rolled in.  Mom was concerned about the cats but they were all inside during the worst of it.  Biscuit, the idiot, went out later and came home a brown cat covered in mud vs. his usual white and silver.  Got it all over my white tile floor, too, but he looked like he had fun.  And I need to mop anyway.  

We had some good flickers and my internet went down so I turned off my computer.  I have all my electronics plugged into a heavy duty surge protector the other vendors didn't want when I closed the business.  It did make me think I need to get some alternate cell phone charging methods.  The storm passed in about an hour there was a lot of water on the ground which was great.  

I do find it funny it rained like that literally one day after I spent an hour watering my plants and foundation.  But the house and plants will appreciate it.  I was particularly happy about my trees and the grass as I did not really water them.  

It was nice to have a thunderstorm from the security of my house vs. being out in that, but it does confirm why I carry that extra $20 in case I am caught out in the weather, I can call for a ride.  Last year I did try to travel during a cold front thunderstorm and I had to give up.  I was drenched, all my stuff was wet, it was blowing sideways...better to call for a ride and I do have the $20. 

I did not sleep well last night.  My hip does not like that bed.  I need to get the spray and start using it, perhaps sooner than later.  I am thinking about that.  I would like to get back to my bed.  Don't get me wrong Ron's bed is great for a nap, or a couple of nights, but not every night for weeks.  I will get it done.  

The phone call started getting distorted which was probably interference on my end so we hung up and fired a few text messages back and forth and called it done.  The cats were really eager for breakfast this morning and had in fact eaten all their food so I was happy to give it.  

I fed them at 4 Am and I will not be back until 7 PM at best so I will give them a little extra before I leave.  If it does rain I will be back sooner (cab only takes 20-30 minutes vs. 2 hours) but we can't count on that and I would like to save my $20 if at all possible.  

After the phone call I cooked up the sausage, "Mild" this time and it did taste better when I sampled it.  Then I made up some tuna so my lunch for today is set.  I don't know if I mentioned it but I found a crack in one of my reusable containers which explains the grease problem the other day on my jeans.  I threw that container out.  I still have a good amount of containers.  So I have 4 containers of sausage and one of tuna salad.  I just need to add some cheese to today's container and I am good to go.  I can fit 2 containers into my lunch bag so that's great.  If I start bringing vegetables I will need an additional lunch bag.  Still thinking about that.  If I do want one I had better hurry up and get it soon because this is lunch box season.  

If things go according to plan I work today-Sunday, have Monday off, work Tuesday, then have Wednesday off.  But they are doing Chicago Fire season 1-2 right now which I have seen many, many, times so I don't really feel like I will miss out on that, Tuesday.  There is a girl works Monday to Friday days doing my job, always says it took her 35 years to get those hours.  She has not been working as much and they have me in her hours which are great.  It is a blessing and I will not brag about it at work.  I will just go in and do a really good job so they want me there.  I am covering for her 3 days out of 5 this week.  Is she sick?  They are trying to get rid of her?  I don't know.  I will enjoy the days while I have them.  

Of course if you pray I could use prayer for my other coworker to be reasonable and rational about accepting my hours.  She was quite angry I got the "good" shifts.  I didn't ask for it, Personnel gave it to me.  And I am a lot less drama than her.  She is a good worker but it comes with a high price tag in drama.  I just show up early every day and do it.  

I need to take my shower, will be back.  I did already do my upper lip treatment and wash my glasses so yay me.  I can't stand dirty glasses.  On me, I mean.   

All done with that, did my God Time, did up my candy.  I have decided to focus on the fact that God makes the schedule, not a person.  God uses a person to make the schedule.  If God wants me to work 11-5 it will happen.  I don't need to organize arguments and comebacks in my head.  He takes care of me.  

Cleo just ran by playing with a bug she brought in.  No wonder they aren't into cat toys, they have their own living toys.  I notice my grass looks 1000% better this morning nice and green instead of all brown and dead.  Same with the guy across the street who does not water.  God did a good job of that last night.  

I had my protein shake and some coconut oil so I am ready to go.  I have my lunch packed, water bottle, vest, keys, money, cell phone, bus pass, pretty much everything I need.  I remember one time last year I forgot my mask and had to go all the way back home for it.  I felt pretty foolish but that was one thing the drivers were strict about, no mask, no ride.  They didn't care if you hadn't bathed in a month or had no intention of paying but you had better have a mask!  

My bus pass is back down to around $48 so I will be, if possible, sticking $20 at it when I get paid next week.  

That's it for now.  Could use your prayers today this is all new for me and then the coworker issue... 

No comments: