Saturday, August 27, 2022

Saturday morning

 Well I made it through my longer days... 5.5 hours with one break run a little long.  My feet were OK but I still plan to buy new shoes.  

Work went OK.  One of my coworkers gave me some money (I did not ask) which I took because I only had $30 for a week.  Which I did not say until after I took it.  She said "Oh girl, that's not enough".  

I had an irate customer he was upset because he thought he was buying a 2 pound bag of shredded cheese for $2.  I told him that is impossible.  He got very angry and swore it was $2.  I told him to take it to customer service.  The store policy if it scans at $X that is the price but I wasn't going to argue with him.  On his way out he said a lot about me, my fellow employees, the store in general, the neighborhood, the other customers, etc.  If the store is so ghetto why are you shopping here?  Presumably he had a car and could go where he wanted.  I only shop at ghetto grocery stores but I ride the bus.  

I still have about 3 pounds of cheese (block) I am debating if I need to buy another block.  I will probably get a bag of the HEB shredded Mexican blend ($5.17, not $2, and that's the best deal I've found).  It is really tasty and melts great on everything.  Yum, yum.  

Eating Keto/Low carb finds me eating a lot of cheese and sausage for some reason.  I check my nutrition and my calcium levels are great every day which is awesome, as I don't want bad bones.  

Speaking of bad bones Biscuit is getting around great and has a good quality of life so I am not inclined to change that.  When I came home yesterday he and the other 2 were sunning themselves in the yard, it was very cute.  If he can go out and come in I am not going to worry about him.  And he is an old man.  

Monday I plan to go buy my new shoes.  I will likely take the bus over there and then take a cab home.  I may call Jack and have him bring me home, then I can show him the 3 things he needs to know to take care of the cats, how to close cat door, how much to feed, how to turn off the water if there is an issue.  My aunt is going to make a copy of her key and send it to me so I can loan that to him.  I don't plan to have him check the mail as I don't envision getting a lot of it in the couple days I'll be gone.  

I have my shorts all ready to go for my trip to the shoe store.  These are the modest ones and not the booty shorts I wear around the house.  I only have the one pair of those.  I have some smaller size shorts I bought on clearance but "fits me now" I have the one pair.  And to be honest they were a little snug the last time I wore them, BUT I have lost some "inch" since then.  

About the only thing I worry about being gone is if we get a tropical weather event like a hurricane and/or flooding with me gone.  But there isn't much I can do anyway.  Jack could talk to the neighbor about putting up a tarp on the roof if it came to that and everything else could wait until I got home, I think.  I have to leave that with God otherwise it will ruin my trip.  But that is the bad thing about leaving Houston in September.  

I need to take my shower... today isn't so bad because I have a ride to work (even though I woke up with a bad headache).  Tomorrow I have to get up at 3 ish and get ready for work.  That will be harder but it is my Friday so that makes it better.  I will have to look at the sausage today and see if I want to get any to take home today.  I am down to my last chub of ground sausage.  The maple was good going down but I have some digestive issues with it.  And I can always use tuna.  I am OK on mayo for a while though.  

I am going to take my shower.. That's done and I have some time before I go, this is why I always get up "way" early on work days, I like having some time to myself before I run out there.  

I figured out what jeans I am going to wear today (Gloria Vanderbilt 16W dark wash).  I will need to load the pockets with all my junk before I go but I keep all that in a paper bag so I don't miss anything.  It would also be handy if I had to evacuate the house I could just grab the bag and have all my stuff.  Still don't know what my cycle is doing, anywhere from today/tomorrow to about 10 days from now if some indicators are accurate.  Either way it looks like I will not have to hassle with a cycle while traveling.  

Spotty got some good cuddle time.  I worry about him as he is very cuddly with me and likes a good 20 minutes every morning of purring, petting, etc. while I do my God Time.  Sometimes he is out when I do it and he always acts disappointed when he catches me leaving later.  Cleo got cuddles last night and this morning.  She has a trademark move of bumping her butt up against my body for pets.  And Spotty is meowing again I wonder what he wants.  

Hopefully not a big chance of rain let me check.  40% chance today at 3, 50% chance tomorrow at 3, both times lighter showers according to the icons.  And a lot of times it rains really hard for 20 minutes and is done so I will try that if it does rain, or it may be light enough I can walk.  

The traffic light is still "sort" of functional.  I can cross the busy street but the audible is yelling WAIT which is very disconcerting.  Especially for someone with anxiety issues around traffic, I ask God to hold me up through that.  I can still cross that's what matters.  

Spotty got me for another round of cuddles, he is super cuddly today.  I gave him a hug and listened to him purring and said I would "take his rumbles to work with me".  He seemed to approve.  I hope it doesn't mean God is girding me up for an awful day.  I forgot to take my antidepressant but caught it and took that.  I was thirsty before I am really going to be thirsty now.  That is the only bad thing about it.  I take an SRNI.  It works very well considering.  I was one sick puppy before I got on that (early 2009's I think if you are bored and want to look it up), it took about 6 weeks to kick in but when it did I was a lot better.  

I need to go get dressed will be back on that.  All done, even remembered the bottle of water for my cab driver.  

I hope you have a good day, I love you and really appreciate your support in all of this.  Thank you.  

That's it for now. 

Edit: early 2010 is when I was off my antidepressant (not by choice, came up allergic).  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I was pretty sure you worked in customer service lol

Heather Knits said...

I could work there, and just have been away from the desk headed to break or something.

But I'd say a good 3/4 of all retail jobs involve customer contact. The introverts and antisocial ones all want that night stocking job. LOL