Sunday, August 14, 2022

Saturday and Sunday morning

 OPSEC means operational security.  I can't talk about some of my day yesterday because it would reveal too much.  But I am fine that is all that matters.  

I took a cab to work yesterday.  I brought both a sausage meal and some tuna because I felt a very strong prompting to do so.  I ate 2 donuts before work and am 196 today so weight is on point.  I think a small allowance now and then is better for me.  That way I don't go off the rails the next time they have a sheet cake in the break room.  

Work was pretty busy.  I didn't have one thing I needed to do my job, then I did.  I stayed busy.  I was happy to get out of there.  I was able to cross the street and then noticed the light had died.  So God had just let me do that, which saved me an hour getting home.  I sure hope it is fixed going home today.  I bought myself a cold drink at the fast food place near the bus stop and boy was it tasty but I had a hard time dropping off last night.  I really am sensitive to caffeine.  

I got home OK.  The cats were happy to see me.  I even had time to lay down for a little bit but I couldn't sleep.  Cleo joined me.  I got up and put on my workout clothes, then called my parents.  I did 25 minutes on the bike yesterday while talking to them.  

Dad attended an ice cream social at one of his Veteran's groups yesterday and had a lot of fun.  He is a big vanilla fan so he got that.  They had him do the prayer and it sounded like a very nice one.  

We talked a little about my day, and his.  Mom is firing the agency that is helping her Mom because they keep sending different workers which is very confusing.  She was able to "take" the two workers her Mom most liked, though, who will keep visiting her and taking her out, etc.  Grandma is pretty frail but gets around OK.  She has some other issues I don't think she would want me talking about but she can walk OK so that makes it easier for everyone.  The new agency will have 3 workers; one as a backup and 2 main workers.  Mom is much happier with that arrangement.  

It is very hard being a caregiver near or far.  You worry a lot either way.  Her big thing she hates to call and Grandma does not pick up "Oh, I was watching TV".  Kind of like me after Ron had the seizures, I would have to buy groceries but felt terrible about leaving him alone (he only, to my knowledge, had seizures when I was home with him).  Looking back he probably should have been in a facility before he died but he was happy with me, and I didn't want to hurt him.  

I can say I saw a man at work with 2 cats, they were loose in a shopping cart, in the foyer, completely freaked out.  They were nice big cats though so well cared for aside from that.  I told him about Texas Litter Control as he said one needs to be fixed and he doesn't have much money.  They can help with that.  

I need to take my shower, will be back.  Did the shower, Biscuit was waiting next to the tub mat when I got out, so cute.  Then he sat with me while I did my God Time.  I'm going to miss him when he dies.  He is already 8 with a medical condition that doesn't have a long life expectancy so I figure I will lose him around 10 like I did with Bubba.  I enjoy him as much as I can and I only feed him food on his diet.  

I plan to take sausage and cheese to work today for my break.  I may look into getting some more containers too as I could use them.  I guess I will have to do dishes tonight I did not have time last night.  But I slept pretty well once I did drop off.  

I may post a little more as I get going but that's it for now.  

I will need to buy more candy and bags at work today.  Hopefully it won't be too heavy coming home.  

No comments: