Saturday, August 27, 2022

Saturday evening

I guess God wants me handing out material to later bus drivers as I keep getting them.  I am human, it is hard to feel gracious about a 4.5 hour commute every day and spending more time at bus stops and on buses than I do on the clock, but there it is.  

It's enough to make me want to date again; he could give me rides to work on the weekend at least.  But that's a terrible reason to go looking.  And at the bottom of it I just find the idea of another relationship revolting.  I'm sorry, Ron, he made me promise to remarry, but I don't see it happening any time soon.  

But it wasn't too hot so that helped.  

I went off plan today.  I did not find my donuts so I settled for another kind, and then I saw we had the mini pecan pies back in stock.  I love those things, I bought one, too, and ate it before work.  I won't buy one tomorrow but it did throw off my tracking for the day.  

The cats are good they were having a party on the floor of my bedroom by the cat door.  I am tired and going to lay down a bit before my parents call.  

That's it for now.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's time to start looking for a job closer to home. If only walmart just scheduled you 3 dated a week instead of 5 that would help. It's crazy to have to go in 5 days a week for just 4 hours. It's always easier to get a new job when you are already working.

Heather Knits said...

Oh Thursday and Friday is always 6 hours or so. It's the weekend and Monday that are 4 hour days. But to be honest it is so crazy on the weekend I am happy to get out of there after 4 hours.

I have 3 days off in a row coming up and I am looking forward to that.

Anonymous said...

Then stop complaining since you aren't going to do anything about your situation.

Heather Knits said...

Is it YOUR blog? No?

Then stop bitching. No one forces you to click and read.

To paraphrase an old song "It's my blog and I'll write what I want to" (as long as it does not violate TOS or my employment contract).

There is no perfect job. I am well aware of that. This job does offer a lot of perks including a discount and the ability to shop a Super Walmart every time I go to work. That would be a $40 round trip every shopping excursion.

I also see the time on the bus as a ministry opportunity. ON a good week I could hand out over 100 booklets which is impressive. One Bible handout I was happy to do 9 in a couple of hours. 400 in a month is a lot better.

Anonymous said...

No job is perfect. Even if someone loves their job, there are always issues and politics with ANY job. If you like your job well enough and it is working for you and that's where God wants you for now, then that's your business. I'm sure He is using to you reach customers and drivers alike. I had to LOL that some are "scolding" you for venting on your own blog. You are doing what you need to do right now. Good for you. Ron would be proud of you. And when you do stumble and fall, like we all do, you admit it, get yourself up (or let God help you up) maybe vent about it for a minute and go on. That has nothing to do with working at Walmart, that's called life.