Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Tuesday afternoon.

 Well I measured and waist is 41 hips are 45.  I think that is definitely case of menopause belly.  So I think anything that fits my waist will be baggy in the hips.  That is OK.  

I don't need any new pants I had 8 that fit now, 2 that are baggy but can be worn with a belt, not counting the jeans I have "in the hospital" trying to get that stain out.  That is plenty of clothes for now.  Happily I either already had them or got them at the thrift shop I couldn't afford to keep up with new sizes at retail prices.  That is why I am keeping the fat clothes because you never know what may happen.  

I forgot to get trash bags yesterday but honestly speaking no real room for them in my bag anyway.  I will have to buy some tomorrow.  I have a few left, enough I can take my kitchen trash out so happy about that.  Today is what Ron would call a "relaxful" day.  I plan to do as little as possible.  

Chicago Fire is on, season 1 so I will watch that.  

I did find an interesting article on keto and menopause.  They are a good pairing.  https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/keto-and-menopause#:~:text=Although%20research%20on%20the%20ketogenic,risk%20of%20postmenopausal%20weight%20gain

Of course they made the usual stupid comment that the weight was regained when they went back to eating "normally".  

I am eating a little bit of carbs today because I am concerned very low carb may be triggering migraines.  My carbs to fluctuate from 3 to 80 I think I need to have them a little higher.  Like 40.  I am figuring this out as I go along.  

Remember most days I am pretty active, walking to and from the bus stop, running around at work, and exercise bike some days as well.  I am sure that helps.  I could stand to, but have not decided to work out with kettlebells again.  I may do some tomorrow.  I am not as strong as when I was wrangling Ron every day, pushing him in the wheelchair, lifting and turning him, I would like to get some strength back.  

Also my legs are kind of creaky of late getting up after sitting a while is not fun.  It is embarrassing too.  So I guess I need to build up strength on that.  I am walking about half an hour a day every day I work not counting running around the store helping customers and doing my job.  But I am in my late 40's maybe it is "earned".  I don't know.  Not going to freak about it.   

Called my aunt, always a good time.  

Took a nap, woke up with a headache, took a Tylenol and an Advil this time.  I got the hose going to water the foundation and did some watering of plants (I think the catnip is dead).  I don't want an expensive foundation repair.  It did kind of freak me out I went into the bathroom and heard water gushing through the pipes...brought back bad memories but it is all going according to plan.  

Then I have the fun part of rolling up the hose again, I hate that.  But it got me 40 minutes of exercise setting up everything and watering the rest of the yard.  It is very hot and sunny but the vitamin D will do me some good.  

I didn't take a shower today (staying home) so I feel OK about using the water.  Dad texted me a photo of his workout display (the thing you look at when you're working) he did half an hour on the treadmill today which is great.  I want him as spry as possible because he does love his recliner.  He is about at the right weight for his height so I don't worry about that.  

Now I am just letting the water run for a while and soak into the foundation...it will cost me more on the water bill but it will save me money long run.  I am not worried about the grass in the backyard.  Front yard I used the nozzle to spray it down a little, my sprinkler isn't working and I need to debate if I want to get one as half my neighbors have dead lawns...will think about that.  I am paying enough for water but I don't want to be the blight, either.  

I really think Houston is under divine judgement for our policies which are not Biblical.  In the Bible God often sent drought as judgement.  But some time back I was praying for the area and God let me know to stop, He would not listen to pleas on behalf of the city and nation.  I pray for the recipients, first responders, things like that, but the government over all I have given up on.  

That's it for now, more later.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that way about praying for America. "They would not repent of their sorceries". Knowing that they won't repent and they have been given over to their reprobate minds that think evil continuously, I pray for deliverance from evil and peace in Jerusalem, knowing that is praying for Jesus to return.

Anonymous said...

https://wwmt.com/news/local/65-year-old-killed-fatal-parking-lot-crash-walmart-super-center-female-suspect-bronson-hospital-homicide-arrested-kalamazoo-county-sheriffs-office-oshetmo-fire-august-9

Heather Knits said...

Link locked up my computer but I got the gist. I worry more about crossing the street or riding the bus to be honest. One raving mentally ill man on the bus bragged about having a weapon...

Anonymous said...

A 32 year old man deliberately hit and killed a 65 year old woman walking through the walmart parking lot yesterday.

Heather Knits said...

Let's hope it doesn't happen to me, I cut through my parking lot 2x a shift. A vehicle can always be a weapon in the "right" hands. But I honestly worry more about crossing the street as everyone runs a red light here.