Saturday, September 21, 2019

Well, he's still alive

Got up on his own and went to the kitchen.  I stripped the bed while he was gone, lint brushed the sheets, and put them on soak.  Then I washed Ron down with a cloth and bucket as he sat in his wheelchair (thank you for the suggestion).  He will have to get some parts on his own but the bulk of his body is clean.  Including his feet.  It's not perfect but it's a lot better and the water was significantly changed when I finished.   I can't do anything about his hair but mostly clean Ron + clean bed = win.  All this done with about half a migraine.  I still have zero appetite but I did eat a few pretzels.  The sheets even match. 

Ron doesn't want to go out tomorrow which is actually a big load off of me, "is he clean?"  "Is he sober?"  "Will he behave?"  "is he about to fall?!"

I can pop him in a wheelchair to "visit" before we go, then pop him into bed.  Just now I was getting him back to bed.  He had been treating the cats and sure enough Cleo goes right up to him for petting and treats.  I feel envious. 

Anyway, he put his hand on the sheet, screamed, and pulled it back.  "What?"  "It's clean!" 

He got up, swaying from side to side.  "I'm OK".  I helped him anyway. 

Then I told him once he told me he was fine just before he fell on the floor so I don't trust him anymore.  He laughed. 

I did not have the juice to sweep and mop in addition to the Roncare so I did Ron.  I will get up early and mop. 

This is me, choosing my battles. 

No comments: